fellow ky. woodworkers

ken lutes

This may belong in the welcome section not sure. I was wondering if there is a way to look members up by location. I was wanting to see who/how many members were close to my area. Winchester Ky. If you are close by drop me a line.

Ken, If you go to the members list link at the top. From that page click on the Search Members link on the right side, click Advanced Search, enter "KY" (no quotes) and you should see those that are in Kentucky. You should probably try the whole state name also as a separate search. Of course this would only be for those folks that have entered their location, a lot of folks haven't.

Welcome back BTW! :wave:

I am in Northern KY, born and raised in Danville, Grandson at UK, D-I-L from Breathitt County and Family originally from Pulaski Co. Taught School in Paducah so you can see I range the entire state of Kentucky and Proud to know you.....

Bill said he was from "northern" Kentucky.
We have traveled Kentucky quite a bit and I know it ain't got no north or south. It's only gots east and west. ;)

BTW, we own some land in Calloway County. Just far enough out of site of Kentucky Lake to be cheap.
Really, a great state, we could have easily picked it instead of where we are here in the Arkansas Ozarks.

Darren thanks for the info on the members link. There are a lot of KY. members. It is nice to know you have so many people close by with the same interest. Maybe someday we could have a Ky. get together. Michael nice to hear from you. We are only minutes away. Maybe we can share notes someday.

Bill said he was from "northern" Kentucky.
We have traveled Kentucky quite a bit and I know it ain't got no north or south. It's only gots east and west. ;)

BTW, we own some land in Calloway County. Just far enough out of site of Kentucky Lake to be cheap.
Really, a great state, we could have easily picked it instead of where we are here in the Arkansas Ozarks.

See there, that is why Northern KY is know as a step child, left out whenever any decisions are made. We are considered as part of Cincinnati, but We Ain't (as Charles can attest to) Having been raised in Central KY (Heart of the Bluegrass) Taught School in Western KY (where they haven't started using 20?? on their Calenders yet) You are correct in saying there is no Southern KY (just a place where Eastern KY butts up against Western KY) But we at the TOP of the state know we are here and wave at the Michiganers & Canadians as they drive through Loverly Commonwealth on the way to Florida

Fellow Ky woodworkers

You got that right Bill. Nope we aren't part of Cincinnati, however they wish that we were. Frank how do you figure that there is not a northern Ky? The Ozarks are pretty but they are not Kentucky by any stretch of the imagination.
Charles