toys and joy train

Drew Watson

Ok this might be posted in the wrong location, but lots of this is turning. So... I am making one of the toy trains for a christmas gift ( have a big train fan in the family). I was just wondering if anyone here has made one of these before? Anything to watch out for or tips on how to put things together. Certain lathe tools that can help? All help is appreciated. May think of building one of these for myself too. Thanks

Drew, I know Rockler has the bits for a shaper to make the grooves for a track and the pattern or bits to make the tongue and slot to hook track pieces together. Does that help? Looking forward to seeing pictures of this, my grandson seems to be playing more with trains (Thomas).

Drew, I know Rockler has the bits for a shaper to make the grooves for a track and the pattern or bits to make the tongue and slot to hook track pieces together. Does that help? Looking forward to seeing pictures of this, my grandson seems to be playing more with trains (Thomas).

Thanks Jonathan That is very helpful, but i was able to I down load the plans from the LV sight for Free. They have a detailed plan of how to make them. That is one thing that didn't come with the plans so it was welcome to find. My kids ( Thomas and James ) were right into Thomas the tank when they were kids. I have an N-scale set myself and one day I might actually find some space ( and time) to set it up. My Step dad loves trains and has travel lots on trains in his travels in countries around the world. This is something that I was going to make him years ago but needed the lathe to make it happen. So this is good turning practice and something fun to make. I love the old style one that Pete sent the link with. Now those a the real pionere trains of the old west. Love the look.

Drew would you do me a favor and post a link to those plans on Lee Valley that you can download for free.

I spent at least 30 minutes on their site and could not find any for download. I did find ones that are able to be ordered but not downloaded.

Thanks

Drew would you do me a favor and post a link to those plans on Lee Valley that you can download for free.

I spent at least 30 minutes on their site and could not find any for download. I did find ones that are able to be ordered but not downloaded.

Thanks

Sorry Rob I was mistaken and it was toys and Joys web site not LV
Here is the link
http://www.toysandjoys.com/trains.html