OK it's not friday but for many it the start of a long weekend

well, for me, the first of many packages showed up today. the box from grizzly with the hat and catalog. i gave the hat to my dad. between now and probably tuesday, i'll be expecting the blades for the bandsaw from timberwolf, pen kits and boxes from penn state and one other source, the new center and live center from grizzly, and last, but not least, some time between 2-5 pm monday, my new band saw and drill press will be here. almost like christmas. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Trying to get the carport buttoned up to stay out of the wind. Its the only place I have to do woodworking.

Last night was our ecumenical Thanksgiving service. My only role was singing in the combined choirs. What fun!

Dinner at church tomorrow with other folks who would otherwise be eating alone. There will be about 40 of us. BIG potluck! :thumb: I'm bringing 4 dozen deviled eggs - by request, no less.

Sunday is church. Between now and then is sermon preparation. I am also writing weekly stories to explain the Advent wreath, candles, and colors. Traditions are cool!

Well, Larry, when the tour reaches Arizona, do you want cake or deviled eggs? :rolleyes:

Somehow when I take deviled eggs to a potluck, they always seem to reach the table with a few missing! :dunno:

Turkey into the brine tonight, and into the rotisserie grill tomorrow morning. I'm also putting a turkey breast in the smoker tomorrow to satisfy my inner caveman. I'll also whip up the rest of the fixin's before dinner with a couple friends and my BIL.

[Edited to add...] Change of plans. The turkey's going in the smoker and the breast will be rotiserrie roasted. It dawned on me that LOML and her brother only eat white meat, and neither of them likes smoked turkey. I'll make the breast for them regular style, and have the smoked turkey (dark meat and all) for the friends and myself.

Shop-wise, my spare time will be used making a few more small things and buffing a few new bowls, then Friday I set up for an indoor Holiday Market affair in a vacant Linens 'n Things building. The market runs weekends only for four weekends. I'm booked for the first two, and if they make me money, I'll see about getting in on the last two. It should be an interesting setup, since we have the use of the old store fixtures like shelving and casework for more of a retail-style presentation. Fingers are crossed that there will be some good traffic and sales. (It's in a good neighborhood and across the street from a large mall.)

Helping some expatriate American friends celebrate their Thanksgiving (looking forward to that deep-fried turkey, it's unusual here).

Maybe picking up a fine old cast iron wwm if everything works out - be advised of possible gloat in a few days!

Enjoy your holiday, southern neighbours!:wave:

My sister has done TG dinner for us for the past 25 year with our family and her husband's family. Will probably watch some football and veg out most of the day. Have to work half a day Friday, then off to consolidating 3 of my storage units down to one. I finally got enough tools moved to the new garage to make room for the two smaller units in the big one. :eek:

Picked up some stain tonight. Looks like Minwax is discontinuing my favorite stain (Puritan Pine), got it for $1.70 a quart at the blue borg tonight. My wife told me that I'd better go back and get the last two quarts on Friday, she likes it too.

Saturday, we have Thanksgiving with my in-laws. Will be taking a brisket that I cooked and Food Saver'd up last weekend. I found you can cook a bunch of meat at once, vacuum it up, and freeze it. Whenever we want BBQ, just pull one out of the freezer, leave it sealed and boil for 30 minutes or so. Wahhla you've got fresh tasting BBQ anytime.

Ya'll have a great Thanksgiving!

Finally sit down and post pictures of the hall butler I just finished for my daughter and ask for answers to the finishing disaster that happened to it. Heading to Rockler Friday am to pick up my new lathe.
Sunday I'll start on my grand daughters bed as long as I don't get sucked too deep into the spinny vortex.
Next week I'll be traveling on business to Buffalo and Rochester New York from Monday-Thursday.

Since there's only going to be the two of us... the kids are scatter to the four winds... we going to have a quiet dinner..We're only going to do a turkey brest... a whole turkey would be too much. Also will have fresh vegetables right out of the garden.. still have broccoli growing... and then I'll play in the shop over the weekend.. getting ready for next show first weekend in DEC.

Building a wall cabinet for LOML' daughter's Christmas present. Finish up a few miscellaneous things around the shop that hav been sitting half done. Turkey Thursday with my family and her's.