Late Christmas Gift GLOAT :D

LOML gave me these for Christmas...well 2 of them she had me order myself [:D] and the last one just arrived yesterday.

1. Beall collet chuck system (still waiting for delivery of the last collet for "B" mandrel) (from WoodChips)

2. Standard McNaughton coring system (from CSUSA)

3. Hollowing tool with captive ring and laser. (from Monster-Wood-Tool)

Of these 3, I am happiest with the hollowing tool setup. It is extremely well made and I got extra bits FREE [:D] (helped that I know the maker/owner from another forum).

The boring rods are all 3/4" and works well with the Don Pencil handle which I luckily purchased (and collecting dust) for months now. This product is highly recommended (they do have cheaper tools starting from $34.95).

I also rearranged the shop and made a few jigs like bowl steady and a steady rest for deep bowls, vase and spindles. Not yet finished but pics will follow.

Needless to say...I am psyched!!! [:D]

For the picture police...proof that it did happen [;)]

Beall Collet Chuck
20071191618_P1030015b.jpg
[br]

McNaughton Coring Tool
200711916124_P1030017b.jpg
[br]

Hollowing Tool
200711916140_P1030019b.jpg
[br]

Hollowing Tool
200711916154_P1030020b.jpg
[br]

Holowing Tool
20071191629_P1030021b.jpg
[br]

I can't believe you had the gaul to post that here. It's bad enough that I know you got it, but to keep rubbing it in a guy's face? And I thought you were my friend. :)

Ask Jo if she's looking to adopt. I could use those kinds of presents. Wait a minute, LOML bought my mustard monster for our anniversary. Never mind. But I still don't have THOSE things. I'm jealous, buddy, very jealous.

Congrats, Dario. That's a great haul. :thumb:

I haven't even unpacked it yet, but I got my Monster hollowing rig in the mail today, too. Thanks to your pics, now I know what's in the boxes that Randy's wife sent me. :D This is my first purchase from Monster Tools, but I suspect I'll be back for more.

I also bought their 2" bowl sander, which, as it turns out, may not get a lot of use, because after I ordered it I picked up the Grex 2" air-powered ROS. Used it last night for the first time, and it sure sped up the sanding process a lot.

BTW Dario, I moved this thread over to the Turning Tool Show and Tell Forum. I hope you don't mind.

By the time you've read this you've probably already discovered how sweet that hollowing rig is. If not, get off the darn computer and go give that thing a spin. You've gonna love it. :D

Billy, I am shameless...what can I say? :D

Vaughn, Seeing the quality of material and workmanship on these, I will surely come back for more. I am watching their "J" toolrest actually :D

No problem...my fault actually. When I noticed, I was tempted to do another post but decided against it. So thank you for moving it ;)

Wish I can run it through its paces but I am out of town (almost every weekend) so I have very limited turning time. :( :doh: :dunno:

I usually sneak a few hours Sun - Thu nights.

OK Dario, we know you've turned your first HF...you admitted to it in another thread. Let's see some pics, man! :D (My first one's still drying, as are a couple others.)