Sequoia and Yosemite

Dan Gonzales

I hadn't realized how much gets covered here every week until now. Just got back from five days camping at Sequoia and Yosemite. I don't know if I have time to catch up, I think I'll just consider all those posts as lost in time.

It was a guys' trip, I took our two exchange students from Mongolia and Bolivia. I am always awed by the Sequoias and the sheer beauty of Yosemite and will find any excuse to go camping. BTW this was tent camping, freezing at night and never over 40° F (4.5° C) under the trees at camp.... hehehe

After visiting the big trees we made it up to Nevada Falls and Upper Yosemite Falls. Here are some pics.

Sequoia trees
IMG_4497.JPG IMG_4500.JPG IMG_4529.JPG

Yosemite
IMG_4552.JPG IMG_4566.JPG IMG_4577.JPG
IMG_4582.JPG IMG_4624.JPG IMG_4626.JPG

The guys
IMG_4583.JPG

Cheers,

Last edited:
Great pics and great scenery Dan, thanks for posting, Yosemite, Yellowstone, The Grand Canyon, and the British Columbia are places I'd like to visit and hike around some day.

Haven't been to Yosemite in over 30 years... when I lived in Bay Area used to make regular trips up there... lots of good memories and beautiful scenery. Never camped in tent.. first wife's idea of roughing it was a cabin with no TV. We usually stayed at Camp Curry cabins.
Although we did a couples trip - without the kids - and stayed at the Ahwanee one weekend... that was a spectacular trip.

Great photos Dan. I hope to make it out there this next year to see it in person. My wife and I are wanting to drive up the entire coast some day. Thanks for posting!

Sounds like a great trip Dan! My in-laws were there this year. In fact we watched their slide shows yesterday after dinner. The turkey was having it's way with my eyelids.:D Beautiful beyond belief - I hope to get there someday.

Wes

I live in the state and still haven't ever made to either Yosemite or Sequoia National Park. I really need to get up there. Sounds like you and the boys had a great time, Dan. :thumb:

that's awesome. Only trips I've done in the Yosimite area have been backpacking trips about 10 miles in from the hetch hetchy dam. Awesome country. Haven't been backpacking though since we got the camper. I'm thinking this next year will be time to change that... Thanks for the wonderful reminder! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

that's awesome. Only trips I've done in the Yosimite area have been backpacking trips about 10 miles in from the hetch hetchy dam. Awesome country. Haven't been backpacking though since we got the camper. I'm thinking this next year will be time to change that... Thanks for the wonderful reminder! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wow, haven't thought about Hetch Hetchy in years... last time I saw the Reservoir was about 30+ years ago and the water level was down nearly 100 feet... California was having a severe drought and San Francisco was getting worried about their water supply...
I've never back packed anywhere, but that would be an awesome area to start in... or over in the King's Canyon and Seqoia national Forest area out east of Modesto along the John Muir trail. I used to go to a guest ranch in that area.. an awesome place.

I did a solo hike of the grand canyon of the Tuolumne (right above Hetch Hetchy) one time, from White Wolf to Tuolumne meadows. Most smart people do it the other way (downhill) but I was dumb and did it uphill. If I recall, it was about three days. Of course, I was much younger then, but I still remember it well.

Beautiful area.

Mike