Bandsaw Blade

Ron Roase

I watched a DVD from Fine Woodworking the other day. It was covering the Laguna Bandsaw. I was noteing the blade that was used to cut a very thin cut on a piece of Walnut. It looked almost like a saragated knife blade? It made such a nice cut of about 3/32" Wondering if I could get a blade like that for my Jet 14" with the raiser bar. Mine takes a 103" Blade?:dunno:

I have a Timberwolf 3/4" blade that worked fairly well. Then, I heard about the 1/2" Woodslicer, got one and was amazed at how much better it worked.

Another vote for the Woodslicer®. I have one on my Laguna 16, and it's great.

BTW, the Laguna Resaw King blade is nice, too. One of them for your saw would be about $200.00. They want $228.00 for the 132" blade on my saw. I can buy six Woodslicers® for that!

not tryun to throw stones but i know that tod isnt using a timberwolf or a woodslicer,, he uses ordinary ellis mfg blades.. possibly the saw setup makes the quality of the cut to some extent?? i havnt seen tods cuts but i have seen a cut from jim delaney and his are smooth!!!!

not tryun to throw stones but i know that tod isnt using a timberwolf or a woodslicer,, he uses ordinary ellis mfg blades.. possibly the saw setup makes the quality of the cut to some extent?? i havnt seen tods cuts but i have seen a cut from jim delaney and his are smooth!!!!

I'd agree, a good tuning of the guides and the right blade for what your cutting will give good results. Typically choose a blade with a TPI that at least 3 teeth are in contact with what your cutting at all times.

I'll second the nomination for Ellis blades. :thumb: (Thanks again, Tod.) Less than half the price of Timberwolves and as good or better in my experience. I'm serious. There's nothing magical about the Timberwolf...they just have better marketing and a popular reputation. On my 14" Shop Fox saw, I do like the Woodslicer better for resawing, but for anything else, the Ellis blades have made me a very satisfied customer.

BTW Ron, if your saw and riser are like most of the other 14" saws out there, I'm betting your blade length is 105", not 103". You should double-check before you order any blades. ;)

Check this out...

From Tim, at Laguna

Hi Guys as promised I have something new.

Due to the amazing amount of response I received from the last offer for our Kerf King Style Carbide Bandsaw Blade (we sold them all), Torben has authorized me to offer this blade at the same price.

ResawKing08.jpg

This Resaw King blade on offer is the past itteration of what is now our current generation of Resaw King blade (If you ordered a Resaw King 4 years ago this is what you would have received), they are in perfect condition and the cut quality is second to none.

Specs for this blade are - 1" x .055" kerf x 3 tpi approx. - I will size the blade to fit any saw up to 180" at the single blade price of $75, larger sizes will require a second blade purchase.

This blade is also resharpenable thru our standard Resaw King resharpening process at Laguna, generally good for 4 or 5 sharpenings.

I have several coils so lets get em sold. To order you can either PM me thru SMC. Or call Tim in office at (800) 234-1976 ext. 9617

Thanks!

I ordered one for my HD16.

Check this out...

From Tim, at Laguna

Hi Guys as promised I have something new.

Due to the amazing amount of response I received from the last offer for our Kerf King Style Carbide Bandsaw Blade (we sold them all), Torben has authorized me to offer this blade at the same price....single blade price of $75...
I ordered one for my HD16.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Bartee. I ordered one last night for my 16. Spent quite a while talking to Tim in the process. Nice guy, and he seems to know the Laguna product line quite well.

Timberwolf blades are popular because they use higher set angles. Depending on your machine and what you do with it, they might not be right for you. EVERY blade is good (better?) for something; understanding blade geometry is therefore the key to bandsaw happiness. The truth will set you free; but it makes you crazy first. The blades are more important than the saw, and correspondingly harder to understand. Who'd a thought something so simple could be so comlicated. I'm writing a book and the longest chapter, as well as the hardest to write, is on blades.