Unemployment in the USA

Rob Keeble

Thought some of you might find this interesting given there are many out there that are unemployed at this time. I think it helps somewhat to remove any potential self blame when you see how catastrophic this is. There is comfort in knowing you are not alone.

http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

Just a notem this was sent to me and i have no knowledge of its accuracy and no way to check all this data so take it for what its worth. Still scarry.:eek:

It is probably pretty accurate. But there are some caveats to use in looking at it. Fer'instance, Iowa looks like pretty low unemployment. Keep in mind, there ain't nuttin' in Iowa except corn and hogs. Lotsa wide open spaces with no people to be either employed or unemployed.
And, in the county where I live, 40% of the people are retired and don't get counted in the statistics.

It is probably pretty accurate. But there are some caveats to use in looking at it. Fer'instance, Iowa looks like pretty low unemployment. Keep in mind, there ain't nuttin' in Iowa except corn and hogs. Lotsa wide open spaces with no people to be either employed or unemployed.
And, in the county where I live, 40% of the people are retired and don't get counted in the statistics.

hey frank we got some great folk in iowa there last name is BOWER and they spin around alot:)

Frank-- that is a very valid point... not belittling any area of the country just an keen observation.

This way of presenting data is very vivid and makes it point in an interesting manner.

another thing that has been mentioned before is that if you are out of unemployment benefits, your not on the list either.. so you could be considered employed just because your not receiving benefits.

hey frank we got some great folk in iowa there last name is BOWER and they spin around alot:)

Didn't say they don't have any folks, jest few and fur between.
I'm not going to insult them too bad :rolleyes: their colleges have great track teams and great wrestling teams. They must be well fed on corn fed hogs. I can't out run or out wrassle them, don't want anybody too mad at me. ;)

Thanks for lookin out for us Larry! :rofl:

Iowans
Out
Spinning
Around

Wait...that doesn't spell Iowa...:D

Iowans
Out Foolin
With
A Lathe

Didn't say they don't have any folks, jest few and fur between.
I'm not going to insult them too bad :rolleyes: their colleges have great track teams and great wrestling teams. They must be well fed on corn fed hogs. I can't out run or out wrassle them, don't want anybody too mad at me. ;)

Frank, no insult taken...I live is the 'big city' of Des Moines...but I like to get out were people are "few and fur between"

Yes we are fed well on corn and pork too...my daughter will have one of these t-shirts under the tree this year.

Attachments

• 036_650bk.jpeg
    036_650bk.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 10
On a more serious note...Iowa's unemployment is lower than most states, but our economy usually tends to start slowdowns late and they last a little longer, or so the news outlets here tell us. So they say our rate will continue to go up a little even after the national average goes down :dunno:

On a more serious note...Iowa's unemployment is lower than most states, but our economy usually tends to start slowdowns late and they last a little longer, or so the news outlets here tell us. So they say our rate will continue to go up a little even after the national average goes down :dunno:

We are edging close to politiks here, ye know, talkin' about hogs and such. :rolleyes:
Let's hope the upswing is starting for everyone.

Yep! someone (no name mentioned) from "Ark can saw" knows all about them there hogs. Razorbacks that is... And that Huckleberry politician guy.. :D

Woooooooooo, Pig ! Sooie!

Last edited:
percentages just went up, I was informed today that since there is no more sales force they don't need a sales manager as of Jan 1.

Bummer. At least they gave you a little bit of advance warning...just in time to put a damper on your holidays, though.

I'm one of the 12.8% unemployed in LA county. The local job market is virtually non-existent, with hundreds of people vying for the few positions that do open up. At this point I'm still not willing to take a job that pays less than my unemployment benefits.