any interest in lamp kits?

Frank Fusco

Not offering yet or would be in classified section.
Yesterday, I spent the afternoon, and a lot of gas in the iron mule, chasing around the county trying to buy parts to make up a lamp. Only place was one of the BORGs and for the prices, I could have made down payment on a whole lamp store.
So, using good ole Google, I finally found what looked like a good source of parts.
After a while on the phone with a nice lady, we put together two sets of parts for the lamps I am making.
This was such a hassle, it got me to thinking some folks might like the idea of just buying a 'set' or 'kit' of parts for lamp making. The place I ordered from does give quantity discounts.
Understand, I might try to make a small profit on this venture. But, the offering price is about retail, less shipping and lower than the BORG.
Here 'tis: complete set: harp, finial, single power socket, flange, all thread rod, nuts and washers, 8' cord set with plug, all in brass color, $30.00.
No special orders, all would be the same. Initially I would have only eight of these sets to sell, I have to order in tens and would keep two for my own use.
What say the jury? Good idea? Or Fusco Free Enterprise Flop #643?

I was thinking about starting some lamps.
Interesting thought though Frank. $30 seems like a lot for a lamp kit. Although I haven't bought one in years, so that could be a real good price for all I know.

I'm trying to come up with ideas myself for making a few extra bucks.

Frank,
I went through a similar scenerio earlier this year. I found kits from a eBay seller. He was able to customize the kits to accommodate my lamps (not quite the same as your set). The quality was fine for my needs, but might not have been as good as what you are offering. They were about $16 shipped for two kits.

Just FYI,
Wes