picture frame

I've watched numerous tutorials on sketchup, but the problem is in those tutorials they always use shortcuts on the keyboards to do some of the steps needed in the drawings. It's kind of hard to learn something like that when you can't see what they are doing.

I'm still trying to figure out how once I draw something and want to move it to a different spot without changing its shape. I eventually get there but its more by accident than knowing what i'm doing. Then when I need to change something on that part I can't because it's locked together somehow.

I watched one tutorial where they drew atable starting with a sguare, pulled it to a certain height, drew four sguares in the corners for legs and pushed the bottom up to form the legs. They went on to form the top, rails and taper the legs which I can do all that, then in the next tutorial they were showing it all in pieces but never showed you how you got there from what they previously drew.

I wrote in that some steps must be missing because I couldn't do that with mine and was told that no steps were missing. I've tried making them into components like he said but when you move it it only moves one or two sides of the piece. It's very frustrating when your not shown all the steps in the tutorials to draw what they are trying to teach.

Alan,

Perhaps I could shed some light on that stuff for you with a 'live' demo. I can make it so you can see my computer screen while we talk by either phone or Skype. I have to run out for a little while this morning but I should be back by 10:00. Send me a PM if you'd like to do this.