And the ax falls . . .

That's not great news when you hear it - I sympathise in a major way! But......I have also been through this situation and I know that the type of person who posts on this forum is not the sort of person who is idle very long. I'm sure all of those who posted will be doing "something" positive to change their situation. They have my best wishes and good thoughts to help if it does any good!

I was canned on Dec 10,1990, because the company I worked for went bankrupt (yeah right - the owners did ok....) On March 1, 1991 I started my own company. On Oct 31, 2001 I sold that company to a partner that I had taken on. The company is approaching its 19'th anniversary and is as strong as a horse due to my efforts in starting and building it, and my ex-partners hard work in driving it on after he bought it. Those 10-1/2 years were the longest 25 years that I've ever worked, but we made it, and did it on our own.

You guys can do it too!! I have faith.

cheers

John

John you put it so well and expressed my exact feelings in less words than i could have.:D I echo all your comments and add only that i get mad when i hear news like this. Especially just weeks before Xmas. Kinda makes me think Scrouge is around again.

Paul all the best to you and your family. A positive outlook is best although not easy to muster under these conditions.

Sorry to see the news, Paul. I've been looking for about 10 months, and the technical writing/editing market is also looking pretty grim. The few jobs I'm seeing are being scooped up very quickly, and many are at wages that are less than the unemployment benefits I'm getting now. In the meantime, I'm doing a few handyman jobs here and there while I continue the job search.

John you put it so well and expressed my exact feelings in less words than i could have.:D I echo all your comments and add only that i get mad when i hear news like this. Especially just weeks before Xmas. Kinda makes me think Scrouge is around again.

Paul all the best to you and your family. A positive outlook is best although not easy to muster under these conditions.
Why is it you Canadian guys always try to sneak "U's" in where they don't belong? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Paul,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I went through a similar situation following 9/11, so I know it ain't fun. I was devastated but my dear wife can maintain a positive attitude under most any circumstances. Having someone like her as well as good friends for support helped get me through everything. I'm sure you'll do well in the long run also.

:thumb: