a few more turnings

Drew Watson

Just a couple of things i have been working on in the past couple of days. The mushroom is just a use of a chunk of scrap. Just had it going around in my head and had to try to make one. Still have some carving to do.
The bowl is an old fir beam from a gym. Started out as a bowl and the glue let go when it was being turned. Quite the surprise. The train is just a gift for my step dad ( he loves trains). Done in maple and I might make one for myself out of cherry. Thanks for looking, Comments and critisisms welcome.

Attachments

• bowl 011.JPG
    bowl 011.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 74
  • A few turnings 001.JPG
    A few turnings 001.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 51
  • A few turnings 003.JPG
    A few turnings 003.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 52
  • A few turnings 004.JPG
    A few turnings 004.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 51
  • A few turnings 006.JPG
    A few turnings 006.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 44
i like the train best of all, but there seems to be something missing...:dunno::huh:

Hey Dan it is still a work in progress. I have been having some issues with the stain on the maple. slight variations in the colour. Not really evident in the picture. All the wood is more or less from the same board and I have had to resand a few pieces a couple of times and then re stain to get the same shade. A real pain in the you know what. That is why I said I will do cherry on the next one.

Drew you giving Allen some competition here on the production side. :D I did not think you would get to that train so quickly.

I think you should have poste the items separately that way the shroom would have got its just deserves. The train shines above all else when you have a bunch of boys viewing:thumb:

I like the mushroom and the train wow what can we say you might be having trouble with the stain but i aint seen anything of this kind posted in our spinny section before. At least no trains unless they were off another site.

You sure mastered that new lathe of yours.:thumb:

Would have been nice to have you take us all along on the journey of making it. The good the bad and the ugly.;):thumb: Maybe you would consider that for the next one Eh!:D