Toolbox Project

I am building a surprise birthday gift for a friend. He is a decoy carver primarily and he also like to do relief and chip carving, etc.
He has been there for me and my family repeatedly and even this gift cant begin to express my appreciation. He will be 70 this weekend. Its been a fun project. Here it is 3 days away and I still have about 12 drawers to build and handcut dovetails on. Then put a finish on the entire thing.
The drawer front are basswood so he can carve whatever he wants on them.The drawers open by rare earth magnets recessed into back of drawer fronts, via a magnetic handle.
I veneered every piece of plywood in cherry. The lid is solid cherry. I have it more advanced than these pictures. The door is already hinged and the lid.
I will post more pics when I have it totally completed. I havent been on here for a while and thought I would revisit since I have a project to share.

Attachments

• RALPH BOX.jpg
    RALPH BOX.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 89
  • RALPH BOX 3.jpg
    RALPH BOX 3.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 78
  • RALPH BOX 4.jpg
    RALPH BOX 4.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 79
That looks like it's gonna be very nice when finished. Thanks for posting the progress pics, and looking forward to seeing more. :thumb:

That is a sweet looking box. I really enjoy going along for the ride as a project comes together. Thanks for taking the time to post you progress.

Great to see another project Don! So the magnets are hidden from view and a seperate handle has the other magnet and the magnetic pull slides the drawer open? That is cool, could be an interesting thing to do to a bandsaw box!