Why did I waste all my money on a table saw!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Cool Table Saw!

129042455460090138.jpg

Well I must admit that in years past I have done something very similar, and felt much safer on small stock than I did using the circular saw normally. If you notice he has made the equivalent of a zero clearance insert which on a circular saw is one of the bigger hazards when working with small stock. Now my usage didn't include a vise as the support but I have done that with a portable belt sander.

Garry

I'm not sure. It looks like the guy is a model builder of some sort, and the saw is one of those battery operated C-saws.

Still, kind of scary. I love that site. Always some 'creative' type pictures on it...

For model work I think I'd want a blade with a lot more teeth per inch. :rolleyes:

To me, the most dangerous thing about his setup is the lack of a fence or miter gauge. Even on a little battery-powered tablesaw, I'd think freehand cutting could be a risky thing.

Ok, the Griz G0691 is off the list. But I'm going to wait for their model with the riving knife!!!:thumb:
I've seen several pictures over the years of similar setups, but most of them looked a lot more scarey than that one! Jim.

I guy recently told me of his experience of holding the circular saw upside down between his knees and locking the trigger ON to try and cut a short board.

He still has all fingers and legs, but there was a trip to the hospital.

And then there was the worker who came back from lunch, stuck the side grinder between his thighs, and plugged it in - not realizing the trigger was locked ON. It was entertaining to watch. :eek: Not sure if his voice ever came down...

I guy recently told me of his experience of holding the circular saw upside down between his knees and locking the trigger ON to try and cut a short board.

He still has all fingers and legs, but there was a trip to the hospital.

And then there was the worker who came back from lunch, stuck the side grinder between his thighs, and plugged it in - not realizing the trigger was locked ON. It was entertaining to watch. :eek: Not sure if his voice ever came down...
Not wanting to qualify this, if I had made such a thing I would not go around telling people about it.