Old Magizines

Garry Foster

Is there any demand for old magazines. I have horded several over the years. From American Woodworker to Family Handyman. This doesn't include all the old Ham Radio magazines or Metalworking magazines. Now that I have been retired for four months I can see that I will never get them all in order or scanned. I need to cut down the clutter so I actually have some room to do things.

So I can't hardly bear to throw these away, is there any place that deals in old copies other than garage sales. I would be glad to give the woodworking ones away but don't know of any clubs or such in the area..

Any leads appreciated..
Garry

Got anything on basic machining? Besides some cast and constructed jewelry experience, I'm learning as I go along.

Joesph

I do but those are books and I was planning on putting those on Ebay but I will get together a list if you are interested.

Tis the Christmas season and this is an ongoing project( removing clutter) so it may be into the new year....

Are your interests in Lathes, Mills or hand work...

I also have a ton of Machinist's Workshop, Projects in Metal, and Home shop Machinist Magazines but I think I may have to get over my hording impulse soem before letting go of these..

Garry

Last edited:
I could write out a receipt for your taxes if you mail them to my school. We would use them gratefully. Let me know. PM me if you want.

Jonathon

I would be glad to send the woodworking magazines to your school. I am still sorting as I have them scattered everywhere. PM me an address and I will try and get some out in the next few weeks. Be after Christmas break I suspect. May be broke to up in multiple shipments to reduce weight.

Garry

Last edited:
Jonathon

I would be glad to send the woodworking magazines to your school. I am still sorting as I have them scattered everywhere. PM me an address and I will try and get some out in the next few weeks. Be after Christmas break I suspect. May be broke to up in multiple shipments to reduce weight.

Garry
Jon Still needing that address if you are still interested in these magazines..

Thanks
Garry

Garry,

PM sent. Address included. When you get the machinist stuff put together, I have a small metal lathe and mill, for the hobbyist, if you have some things you think I would need to further my own education on that line of thought, put them together, come up with a price and we'll see if we can agree and make the swap!

Jonathon

Garry

Garry, when shipping, check with the USPS, they have special rates for books at a much lower price that regular post:)