Bandsaw Blade storage

Ron Roase

Have had all by bandsaw blades hanging on a couple of wood pegs behind the bandsaw. Had always to taqke them down to see what was behind the one in front. Saw this in a Magazine and looked like the answer for me. All made from 1/4" plywood and just glued together. 1/8" datos !/4" wide. Yah Right, The last time I saw !/4 " thick plywood was back in the 60s. So some extra figuring to be done so everything comes out OK. After all was assembled I used one of those pieces of plywood from the 60s that used to be in my familyroom. Used that for the back.When you compare the thickness of thr venear on that old stuff....wow what a difference. :D:thumb:
Bandsaw Blade storage.JPG

Bandsaw storage mounted.JPG
Still want to put a finish on it but can do that tomorrow. Good place to be in the shop with all the snow and cold winds blowing out side.:rofl::rofl:

That's pretty neat! For years mine hung from pegs & nails in the shop. I haven't had a chance yet to figure out where to put 'em in the new shop, so they're still just piled in boxes right now.

Neat. Mine are on a hook high up behind the bandsaw. I use a pole with a hook on it to get them down.

That is a cool idea also Frank. My dad's Mobil station, we had belts and hoses (they had a slip on clip for a hook) hung high and used a stick with a bent nail to "hook" them and bring them to the floor. Had forgotten that. The belt assortment added something to the wall I always thought. Hmmmmmm.

It came out pretty close the way I had planned,except for the finish. A little harder to get finish in those narrow2 slots (1 1/2" ) between dividers. But a little BLO on a foame brush attached to a 16" stick got the job done. I just like to have stuff finished in my shop.:rofl::rofl:

Nice solution, Ron. I have about a dozen 132" blades on hooks on my pegboard now. Your design would save me a lot of space!

It came out pretty close the way I had planned,except for the finish. A little harder to get finish in those narrow2 slots (1 1/2" ) between dividers. But a little BLO on a foame brush attached to a 16" stick got the job done. I just like to have stuff finished in my shop.:rofl::rofl:

A solution to that type of problem is to pre-finish the wood or plywood. I like to seal full or partial sheets with shellac, then cut to final size.

Rich I had posted a couple of pictures a long time back, I should put in some more for a lot of the additions that I have made since. After seeing all the great stuff that Jon has posted,it may have given me a push in that direction.

I prefer mine the way I have them stored now, laying down, wrapped up with bag ties, but up in the storage area of the garage. This way whenever I need to climb up to grab something from up there, Im usually good for a nice deep slice on one of my hands or arms reminding me, oh yeah, thats where I laid that 1/4 inch blade.

neat box, I really gotta get organized.

That is a cool idea also Frank. My dad's Mobil station, we had belts and hoses (they had a slip on clip for a hook) hung high and used a stick with a bent nail to "hook" them and bring them to the floor. Had forgotten that. The belt assortment added something to the wall I always thought. Hmmmmmm.

The hook on the joists was already there, a left over from previous home owner. I'm not sure what it was for, a bicycle maybe. But, it is at the right location for my bandsaw.