wats a stump saw?

I can go down to my Father In-laws and take a picture of a stump saw from the early 50s that is similar to what you are describing -- it was a commercially made saw that would rotate from vertical to horizontal (we called it the widow maker saw) it does not have a car engine but about a 5hp Br.St. engine.

I can go down to my Father In-laws and take a picture of a stump saw from the early 50s that is similar to what you are describing -- it was a commercially made saw that would rotate from vertical to horizontal (we called it the widow maker saw) it does not have a car engine but about a 5hp Br.St. engine.

That would be great. Just e-mail to me. Thanks.

Sounds like what I've heard called a stump grinder. I wonder if a stump saw and stump grinder are the same thing? :huh:

Sent to you Frank via email -- you should have it.

Stump grinder and saw are two very different things.

Last edited: