The new saw stop

Chuck Thoits

Scents saw stop has come out with there latest saw coming in at 2800 dollars. My tool store now has an ample supply of used powermatics. Which is having an affect on the price of said used powermatic saws. They range from 600 to 1,200 dollars. I took a look but I am not really looking for a big saw right now and if I was I think that I might just save my pennies and spring for the saw stop. Which is why all the used stuff is still sitting. He also said that he can't sell a new Jet or Powermatic saw at all. People come in looking for one take one look at the newest saw stop and are sold at around 400 more than the other 2 saws.
Here is a link to the saw stop he is selling like hot cakes. http://www.sawstop.com/procabinet/procab_home.php

Chuck, nice to see you! :wave:

I think the safety factor is a big thing, but on top of that, the SawStop saws are just simply well made, and well engineered. The new "Pro" model with the advanced top DC is a step above anything else out there that I've seen.

I paid a little more for the industrial model, but that was also due to shipping and customs etc. If I was in the US or Canada, and was in the market for a new cabinet saw, and I was NOT looking on the cheap end, like the Grizzly 1023 (which I understand is a great bang for the buck saw) then I'd certainly be looking at the new Delta, Powermatic and SawStop. With all things being equal, I don't really see how the SawStop cannot win in that comparison :dunno: Especially if you have any kids around the saw, or employees :rolleyes:

Cheers!

I just got the new sawstop professional cabinet saw, It's a great saw, I saved up and my wife got it for me for our anniversary, christmas and birthday for the next 3 years.:rofl: I looked at the options and I was thinking about getting an old unisaw and fixing it up but I wanted something with a riving knife which ruled out the old saws. I have a 1 1/2 year old son that runs around the shop while I am working in there, and also a nephew about the same age that does the same. So the safety feature was a big factor for me. I decided a while back that I only want to buy tools once so I should go with good ones. I was looking at getting the contractor sawstop but for the price difference I went with the PCS model. I smile every time I use it.:D