2010 Taurus

My Fusion has been a fine car... but by golly, I want me some Taurus. I finally gave up and sat in one this morning. OMG. They have nailed that interior.

Anybody got one that can provide a 5K mile report? I'd probably stay away from the SHO and Limited... most likely the SEL. :confused:

I think the SHO is really cool. But I also think the Fusion sport is really cool. And the Fiesta. Maybe one of each--S, M, and L? Keep the F150 for XL? What's really sad is that 10 years ago what I really wanted was a Mustang.

I'm biased because my dad is a Ford retiree and for about the first 10 years of my career I did a lot of work for Ford. But 3-4 years ago I was really disgusted with their lineup and in 06 I acutally bougth a GM (I was doing a lot of work for them at the time.) This year I came back for the F150 which is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I think Ford's current lineup is really well done and I think they are building really good good cars.

I agree that the new Ford line-up is a good one. I got to meet one of the designers for the new F150 and see it before it went into production. He said that between the hydroforming of the body and removing excess weight off the frame, they lightened it by over 1000 lbs. He said for every 100 lbs of weight lost, you'll get about 1 mpg back. He said he had been driving it for a couple of weeks and was getting close to 25 mpg over the previous models 15 mpg.

I also looked at the Buick Lacrosse, and may not be done looking. May be a bit heavy on 'luxury', but it's beautiful inside and out... for a GM product. :rofl:

It's a beautiful misty/rainy morning, so I think I'm gonna go give the Ford salesman something to do for an hour or so. Look a bit more closely and drive one. :thumb:

Haven't looked at any new cars lately... still driving a '96 Toyota Avalon and probably will as long as it will run... did I mention how much I hate car payments?

In '91 when my daughter got married in Calif.. I rented the Mercury version of the Taurus to drive my mother and me to the wedding... Mom didn't want to fly and it was less expensive to rent the car... I was really impressed with how the car handled and I'm pretty sure we got pretty good gas mileage - or maybe would have if I'd not been trying to push the carbuerator off the engine block all the way... (I know that probably there was no carbuerator - fuel injection - but that's an old timey statement for driving fast) .. we drove from Houston to San Francisco Bay area in 3 days with a stop in Barstow to visit a nephew at Fort Irwin... spent half a day and the night with them.