Mike Stafford's Box class!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
WooHoo! Just received a confirmed reservation for Mike's Box class at John C. Campbell Folk School next June. Anybody else going? Anybody from the West wanna travel together?

I am stoked!

I get their class catalog. I would like to take some blacksmithing classes there but that would have to wait for a while. Be sure to take your camera and post some pictures of the class and the schools facilities.

WooHoo! Just received a confirmed reservation for Mike's Box class at John C. Campbell Folk School next June. Anybody else going? Anybody from the West wanna travel together?

I am stoked!

Carol,
I'm not going to the School... can't afford their classes, but I'm only about an hour or so away from John C. Campbell... if you have some time during or after class, maybe the wife and I could drive over and visit or have lunch or dinner.. or if you want, you could come over the mountain our way.

We went over there on a field trip with the art group my wife and I belong to... it's quite a place to see... the campus is spread out over several acres and has a number of buildings that houses the class rooms... also a beautiful setting.

At this point anything is possible. :) Perhaps some kind of a 'gathering' in the area somewhere in that time frame? :thumb: Who is up for that? :wave:

Carol,

You will enjoy and learn at John C. Campbell School.

My wife and I went last year.. she took a glass beading class (lampwork) and I took the blacksmithing class.... My class was so- so and my wife really liked her class. It really all depends on the instructor -- sounds like you have that solved.
The turner class did not have much to offer me very beginning instruction. The instructor also voiced his politics which I found very offensive..

I enjoyed the meals -- visiting with people from all over and very diverse in their experiences. Family style meals and we made it a point to change tables at every meal. The story time was fun before breakfast each day was very entertaining. The dancers were fun in the evening (folk dancers).
Have fun....