The obligatory christmas cutting board post

Made a few as gifts for the kids teachers. Never hurts to grease the wheels! I decided to see what single wood species boards would look like. Two are jatoba one is walnut and the other is jatoba, maple, cherry, and walnut. The two jatoba are heavy!

Attachments

• christmas 09 002 (Medium).jpg
    christmas 09 002 (Medium).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 99
  • christmas 09 003 (Medium).jpg
    christmas 09 003 (Medium).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 93
  • christmas 09 004 (Medium).jpg
    christmas 09 004 (Medium).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 98
  • christmas 09 006 (Medium).jpg
    christmas 09 006 (Medium).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 92
Great work, John. They're all very nice-looking. I really like the all-jatoba version. I'll bet that sucker won't blow off the counter in a wind storm, huh?

very nice boards ,,but i quess there must be something to the myth that to much chocolate can be bad because i go with the jatoba..as well:) the walnut used to be no.1 but now days its like pine:) to me:D:rofl: nice work and the teachers will like them too.. where did yu find the jatoba trees? they dont grow up my way?:D

What? You don't have jatoba trees up in your neck of the woods? They're everywhere! Thick as weeds, I tell ya.

Jatoba's also called Brazilian cherry. It's from Central and South America. :D

I got mine from the jatoba tree guy who lives up the road in the craigslist forest. Seriously I got it from a guy who bought a tractor trailer load from some flooring company. I gave like 2 dollars bd/ft for it. I wish I would have bought more.