spooky visitors

Frank Fusco

I had about a dozen of these critters in the branches near my house this morning. With them sitting there, against a gray backdrop it looked real spooky.
Buzzards, for those who don't know.
They were eating something dead in the woods.
Might be thet reveenooer I shot the other night. Hope they clean him up before he starts stinkin'. ;)

Attachments

• buzzard.jpg
    buzzard.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 71
maybe you should go take a look, you might be surprized whats back there frank.. those critters can smell very well.. i had a road kill raccon in the dumpster this fall, it was day or so old. and it was around low 40's i stepped out of the shop and one fly off from the dumpster lid.. it was closed but he knew it was in there. also they can pick out red from along ways up..

maybe you should go take a look, you might be surprized whats back there frank.. those critters can smell very well.. i had a road kill raccon in the dumpster this fall, it was day or so old. and it was around low 40's i stepped out of the shop and one fly off from the dumpster lid.. it was closed but he knew it was in there. also they can pick out red from along ways up..

But I don't think they like skunks.... my neighbor's dog and/or mine killed a skunk up on the hill behind the house... couldn't find it for a while, but could smell it.... the dogs finally drug it down into the yard by the garage and it lay there a day before I got it picked up... buzzards never bother it. Fortunately by the time they drug it into the yard, it was cold and freezing so it didn't smell so much... the garbage people probably didn't appreciate me tossing it into the dumpster though.