Getting closer pics added

Chuck Thoits

Well got a few more hours in on getting the new bandsaw up and running.
So far I'm guessing I have 3 days time tied up in this saw.
I'll start at the top.
Found this old thing on CL after a few emails back and fourth and a long phone call with Tod, me and the old owner came to an agreement. It took 3 hours to go look at it. Then another 3 hours repairing the brush hog I traded him for the saw. Ok so now we have a deal hmmm where am I going to put this thing? Well there goes another 5 or so hours cleaning the shop to make room. Then I conned a friend into helping me go get it. So we loaded up his excavator and fetched it home another 4 hours or so. After I got it home it took another hour or so to get it back together and into place. Another 3 or 4 hours pulling my hair out trying to tune it up. And about 15 minutes doing it after talking to an old friend about the saw. Now the beast needs a safety cage so there goes most of a Saturday. A few more hours putting up conduit and another couple running wire and we are where we stand now.
Wiring needs to be finished motor needs a mount and weight cable needs to be repaired.
I know no pics didn't happen. But after the pc crash of 09 I am back to not being able to re size to fit this site. So maybe after I get some sort of photo sizing soft ware I'll get some up. "cough cough" KaLea

Last edited:
Looking forward to the pics of the old iron resurrected Chuck, I bet it will be sweet when all is said and done! :thumb:

If you are running Windows XP the power toys does this.

Cheers!

Looking forward to se it up and running Chuck:thumb: I have seen pics of this beast and it is going to be one serious dust maker. HURRY UP, GET SOME PICS FOR ALL TO SEE:D

Can ya here the chanting Chuck. We want pics. We want pics, We all want pics Chuck, ..........ditto ....ditto...:rofl:

Calling Bart we need a soundbite here that matches this.

Safety cage ? this must be a beast.

Eh whats a Brush Hog???? Thats a new one on me and oh yes pics of that too.:D

Rob, picture the meanest, hairest, nastiest pig imaginable then multiply that about ten times! ;):D:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here is one, couldn't figure out how to move the picture here.
http://www.bushhog.com/ContentPage.aspx?ID=15
Also around here, any pull type swinging blade mower gets the "slang" name of brush hog or bush hog.

Hey Chuck, looking forward to seeing the pictures, sorry to hear about the hair!! :huh: If I read between the lines correctly, you'll be able to resaw some uhhhm, pine maybe?? :D:thumb::rofl:

Wire all hooked up. Now I just need 2 plugs, 2 outlets, 2 40amp breakers and one 15 amp breaker. I piggy back the light to see it work but need to put it on its own breaker.
Next up motor mount.:thumb:

Thanks Jonathan. Now i understand. Its sorta the Brush thing that threw me. :rofl::rofl: But then you guys are famous for turning brand names into generic product descriptions.......Kleenex.....instead of tissue. :D Oh oh what have i started here.....

Calling Kalea your dear hubby needs some assistance with them pictures. Please help him out....for all our sakes...:rofl::rofl:

Chuck you did say Bandsaw didnt you. Now so many outlets seems to me you holding something back here needing all that power on a bandsaw.

Mmmmm what a puzzle you pirates have going there.:dunno:

Thanks Jonathan. Now i understand. Its sorta the Brush thing that threw me. :rofl::rofl: But then you guys are famous for turning brand names into generic product descriptions.......Kleenex.....instead of tissue. :D Oh oh what have i started here.....

Calling Kalea your dear hubby needs some assistance with them pictures. Please help him out....for all our sakes...:rofl::rofl:

Chuck you did say Bandsaw didnt you. Now so many outlets seems to me you holding something back here needing all that power on a bandsaw.

Mmmmm what a puzzle you pirates have going there.:dunno:

It's only 2 outlets Rob.:thumb: One for the bandsaw and one for the.......
And to be PC it was a rotary mower aka bush hog aka it's real job in life brush hog. It's the only thing they are good at.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

pics are up

Ok so I got a pic up
This is the saw in it's old home:thumb:

Attachments

• tn_CIMG1344.JPG
    tn_CIMG1344.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
no new pics in new home dont count on old pics ,,get yur self a camra and do it up right chuck:) maybe you could have your own camra if you promised to take care of it:rofl::rofl: