Ashman shoptour

Great looking space there Steve :thumb:

Get it dusty will ya? Making me look bad. Way to clean;) :thumb:

well its not always

clean i have seen it dusty and full of his latest endeavors, but the best part in it thus far is the fridge,, have had the moist use of that tool so far:D

Steve, shop looks great. Now go make some sawdust.

Allen, There nothing like being coverd from your boots to your hair with thick nasty grease.:D Take a bottle of hand cleaner into the shower as shop will not even come close to removeing the sludge.

Nice shop. You are about 3 years ahead of me in shop setup. My shop is 48X40 and has (had) three horse stalls along the south wall. The office is now half of that space and the third stall will be for storage. The office is fully closed in and I have my lathe, TV microwave and fridge in there. that leaves about 22X40 for the shop floor area. I hope to put the last sheets of OSB up this weekend and continue to insulate the ceiling.

I will then put stud walls between the 4X6's and insulate them before closing it all in. I hope to put a pellet stove and regular wood stove (to dispose of mistakes).

It is a slow process as I am trying to do it with cash and not plastic.

Once I finish cleaning out some the kids junk I will post a few pics.

Great Work space Steve.:thumb:
Do you refurb tractors there too???

No tyler, we used to restore old muscle cars in my shop a few years ago , all the antique tractors are kept over to dad's.

Attachments

• SilverKing.jpg
    SilverKing.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Huber.jpg
    Huber.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_3380.jpg
    100_3380.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_3379.jpg
    100_3379.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 25
Great tour Steve. I think it's a 'good thing' that you were able to use materials that otherwise may have ended up in a landfill. Way to go.

What makes those 3020's so great? Every JD farmer I know (especially my family) have a foundness for that model.

BTW: where is the gridge and what's inside it?

Great tour Steve,

Joe

Joe, we had a lot of tractors over the years when we farmed. Of those we seemed to have a majority of the "20 series" 3020, 4020 and a 5020. I read that the 4020 (pic below with the cab) was the most popular tractor ever and we sure liked ours. But the 3020 was the one we used the most in terms of hours on the meter. It was just a good sized tractor in terms of H.P and agility for uses. Ours id everything from hauling wagons, planting, drilling, discing and plowing.

For sheer brute force my favorite was the 5020 (pic enclosed of me at the State fair pulling in 1982) ours had a turbo and produced 178 H.P.

I liked our 3020 so much that last fall I bought another one identical to the one we farmed with. (last pic)

..as far as the fridge, it is usually stocked with coca cola classic, water and bud light....but the bud light comes out only after any work with machines is done.

Attachments

• 40201983.jpg
    40201983.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 18
  • pullinJDA.jpg
    pullinJDA.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_2426_038.jpg
    100_2426_038.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 17