Anybody watching Barrett-Jackson?

John Pollman

Howdy all.

I know that we have a few car nuts around here. I've tuned it a couple of times during the past few days for a short time. But I watched a about an hour tonight. There is a TON of money being thrown around tonight.

Just as I turned it on they were starting the auction for Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins '74 Vega Pro Street and it went for $525K. Shortly thereafter a '66 Dodge Coronet FOUR DOOR with a 426 Hemi went for $600K.

But the crowning glory was the '66 Shelby Cobra Super Cobra one of a kind ended up going for $5,000,000.00.

Boy it must be nice to have money to throw around. :)

John

I gotta agree...must be nice to have 5 mil to drop on a used car. :D For that kind of money, I'd expect free oil changes and tire rotations. :rofl:

Yep, there's tons of folks with tons and tons of money. Howzabout that CEO that just got fired and they gave him $210 million for doing a lousy job. Sumptin's outa kilter. They sold a Hummer last night for $1 mil.

I guess if someone had a quarter of a million burning a hole in their pockets, I'd let them take my old grocery getter off my hands....but not a penny less. :rofl:

Attachments

• trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 7
Frank,

That Hummer was the one that CNN had in Iraq and it has been mortered, shot up and just down right misused. They fixed it up and donated it for Fisher House (an org that takes care/rehabs of disabled vets). It went for $1M and another guy threw in $250K just to get in the game. Not a bad cause. The 07 Ford Shelby serial number 1 went for $600k (plus fees) for Shelby's children charity. Pretty Cool.

Frank,

That Hummer was the one that CNN had in Iraq and it has been mortered, shot up and just down right misused. They fixed it up and donated it for Fisher House (an org that takes care/rehabs of disabled vets). It went for $1M and another guy threw in $250K just to get in the game. Not a bad cause. The 07 Ford Shelby serial number 1 went for $600k (plus fees) for Shelby's children charity. Pretty Cool.

Yeah that '07 Shelby S/N 0001 was pretty sweet. They even said that the purchaser of that car would be given the chance to purchase S/N 0002 also. Basically the same car but in white. How cool would that be? Having the black S/N 1 and white S/N 2./

John

Was that the 427 AWD that he built for himself?

I believe so. I missed the intro of the car because I was on the phone. But I believe it was Carroll Shelby's personal one of a kind dual supercharged car. Apparently there were only two ever built and the other one was definitely destroyed so it's a true "one of a kind" car.

I bet that thing is a blast to drive!

John