Bill Gates - bowl

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
<edited> Mr. Gates has good taste in Bowls.

Check out the shelf behind him -- natural edge bowl !!

Edited ---- edited ----- edited......................

Last edited:
Why the delet it there is nothing wrong with it. Hey Vaughn, it looks like one of yours. :rofl:

Cant agree with your view of Uncle Bill. But hey you can think what you want its still a free world Paul.:thumb:

Personally, I don't really have a view of Mr. Gates, I've heard he is one nice guy, and his wife and him devote a lot of time and money to their charities.

I do not enjoy the windows products, but I understand that they have done a lot to further computing in my lifetime, good or bad, dunno, that will be for the historians to argue about :D

The bowl is OK, but honestly, I think that Vaughn's work is MUCH better that that piece, I don't like the base, looks clunky :dunno:

Still, neat picture Paul, thanks for sharing it! :thumb:

Don't know much about Gates except he had an idea and made lots of $. Seems to be pretty generous. :dunno:

That bowl looks a lot like the one I made at the Rockler class a few months ago. Gotta go check the dining room to make sure it's still there :rofl:

I wonder where that photo was taken. It's clearly in an office, one cheaply outfitted with hammered-termite-vomit furnishings. Got a commercial steel window frame. Ain't BILL's office.

I got no big particular gripe with Bill. I think I'd prob'ly get the shudders being around him, 'cause his personality would surely clash with mine. He's mostly done everything he's done via Free Enterprise, though, with little of it truly unethical. We - all of us - have always had choices. As a society, we've mostly always chosen Microsoft... so Bill's pockets have been pretty full for a long, long time.

He'n I'd have a nose-to-nose about his expressed wish to set up audio/video recording equipment everywhere so everything that happens is public knowledge... that's FAR too BigBrother for me.

Kinda' nice bowl. Maybe the person whose office that is turned it.

I wonder where that photo was taken. It's clearly in an office, one cheaply outfitted with hammered-termite-vomit furnishings. Got a commercial steel window frame. Ain't BILL's office.

Actually, I believe it was his office. Here is a photo from his office and you can tell it has the same windows and look to the furnishings.

Bill Gates Office 1.jpg

I have also seen other pictures of this same office and it was Bill's.

I guess I missed the "deletion" part of the Christmas story. :huh:

Scrooge, Ebenezer, a miserly curmudgeon in Charles Dickens's novel A Christmas Carol (1843).

My reference to the "Christmas spirit" was an attempt at humor. should have posted the :) face --

Merry Christmas to you and yours Vaughn --

Neat little bowl there.Don't know him personaly,but folks that have met him says that he sure don't live the lifestyle of the rich an famous :) Merry Christmas to all

I just read on Yahoo news that Bill's fortune may take a hit... Microsoft has to stop selling Word by Jan 11... License the language or reprogram... they lost a lawsuit from a Canadian company that holds a patten on the way the language is processed... and a small stipend in judgement against them... a mere $290 million.