41 years ago today..........

Ken
Great Story!

My Wife and I had our 41st this year and we didn't tarry long about getting married ourselves. I was also in the Navy at the time.

I always say the key to a happy marriage is a short engagement.

May You and Sharon have many more happy years together. May she have a safe and wonderful trip and visit....

Garry

Folks,

I think the thing that amazes me is that it survived. The odds were certainly stacked against it.

Marriage is just like using a skew. You got to make a commitment and follow through with it!:rolleyes:

Ya know Ken, I think you two kids might just make a go at this marriage thing. ;) Congrats, my friend. :congrats:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 days before leaving for bootcamp, out with my drinking buddies...I said I'd like a date with a blonde who had a good personality. In the dark...sitting in the back seat of a '66 Chevy I could see their heads turn towards each other. "We know the girl!"

Hmmm, you call them your buddies, but I wonder. ;) How is it that they both knew exactly the same person, and you'd never heard of her? I smell a setup. :D (best kind of setup, too! :rofl:)

Congratulations, Ken! I'm just a couple years shy of halfway to your milestone, myself, and have every intention of making it.

Boy you sure looked skinny in that photo. And no, I will NOT show you my wedding photo to compare... :doh:

Chuck,

My wife is from a little town 47 miles from Champaign.

I was born in Carle Hospital in Champaign.

Champaign is a nice little college town... I've been up there a few times to visit the kids... the wife's two daughters and all our grand kids live there. Going again in April... My wife's eldest daughter and her son both have birthdays in April about 3 days apart - 15 th and 18th - and the Midwest Penturners Group is having a get together on the 17th.. figure we can cover a lot of ground in that weekend.

I've heard lots about Carle Clinic and hospital... it gets pointed out to me each time we visit... I think Dianne worked for a doctor in the clinic back in her youth... she was born there and lived there as a baby, but her parents moved to Houston in early '50s and she grew up and graduated from highschool there, married her first husband and moved him back to Illinois where he taught school in Champaign for 30+ years.... after they divorced she moved back to Houston where I got her... She's a keeper for sure.:thumb:

Congratulations Ken! :thumb:. Sort of like the first time I met my wife as she was walking by where I worked. You just know when its right.

Ken I'm glad that things all fell in place for you :thumb: , don't forget > and as well as me to always give thanks every day for such a good life .......:thumb: Marshall

Late to the party, but wanted to wish you and Sharon all the best Ken. Here's hoping for many more years of happiness.

Happy New Year to you and Sharon and to all FWW members.

We'll be traveling back to Wisconsin from Troy, NY starting on New Years Day. Hoping for good weather, but right now it looks like snow for most of the trip.

Karl