So what did you get for Christmas?

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Got some gift cards to Sears and Lowes from the in-laws, a variety pack of beer from my son and daughter, and my wife and I got ourselves tickets to Vegas and Reno/Tahoe in January.

Got to spend the day with the kids playing games, wii, and watching movies...was a good day. :)

Nothing woodworking related this year. My main gift from Santa was a new 8 weight, 9 foot fly rod which will be used primarily for steelhead fishing.

Most of all, I feel blessed to be able to spend the day with my family. It occurs to me after reading some of the plans of others that it won't always be this way. I needed this reality check so that I take time to appreciate my children, mom and mother-in-law while I still can.

Last edited:
My 9 yo got me two ties, dang I hate ties! I'm going to have to ware them at least once. His mom was with him when he got them, I think it must be some kind of payback on her part but for what I don't exactly know......yet.

2 great gifts

got two great gifts this year the second one was second rate, a plane book by charles swartz:D:thumb: and the best one was a week of having my youngest daughter and her hubby stay over and have great food and some good family time puttin together a wolf shaped puzzel and seein a movie and having a dinner out together.. to those that havnt got here yet, when they go you need to make the most of the time yu have with them..when ever it happens.. shop time is good but it doesnt make up for family time ever..

My 9 yo got me two ties, dang I hate ties! I'm going to have to ware them at least once. His mom was with him when he got them, I think it must be some kind of payback on her part but for what I don't exactly know......yet.

With the emphasis on yet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Our trip to my parents house got postponed a day. Highways shut down in Okie land, and a mile long bridge over Lake Texhoma to get to my parents house. We'll go tomorrow and stay overnight. I think they will consider that their best present.
Since LOML and I didn't do gifts for each other this year, I got nothing! :D Well, there is that little thing called a table saw that is supposed to be delivered Wednesday. :thumb::thumb:
I hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable weekend. As I put in our Christmas card, spend time with family and friends...that's what matters. Jim.

Last edited:
Note Book computer, Bench Grinder and Most Importantly......
A new granddaughter...

annabelle6a.jpg

7# 4oz 20" Long Black hair

Mom and Annabelle are doing fine. What a happy house this Christmas day...:thumb: