Christmas Peppermills

Keith Palmer

It has been a busy couple of months. I haven't had time to play with the pictures I took of the Christmas items I made until now. Here are 2 peppermills I made for my sister-in-laws. I wanted to do a different shape than the one I had been making so I went with this shape. Kind of plain (I know they kinda look like bowling pins), but I think the simple curves work well with the laminated Purpleheart/Maple/Dyed black veneer. They are about 8" tall, 3" wide and are finished with several coats of precatalyzed lacquer. Wet sanded and Beal buffed then buffed with Ren wax. I also made the bases to go along with the mills. I think I will make these with all my mills as kind of my signature.

Please critique and let me know what you think!

img_6384.jpg

img_6387.jpg

img_6390.jpg

img_63941.jpg

Keith,
That is a great set of PM's... really like the little cup to set the mill into... keeps the pepper and salt off the table top... I have about a dozen blanks in my shop waiting for me to get another supply of grinder mechanisms... think I may try your cup design.. if you have no objection.

Keith,
That is a great set of PM's... really like the little cup to set the mill into... keeps the pepper and salt off the table top... I have about a dozen blanks in my shop waiting for me to get another supply of grinder mechanisms... think I may try your cup design.. if you have no objection.

Thanks Chuck! Have at it!

Wow! It may sound strange but the first thing that came to my mind was an inmediate association with clothing, don't ask me why:dunno: Maybe the colour combination.

Now I can't get rid of that sensation each time I look at them. Don't get me wrong, I don't see that as a bad thing at all but and odd reaction from my part, that I'm trying to analize.