Spalted Pecan Bowl

Chuck Rodekohr

In Memorium
This beautifully patterned bowl is turned from a chunk of Spalted Pecan, gifted to me by Steve Ballinger on the project swap. This is my Liberty Bell, because of the shape and a few cracks that started at the pith at the edge, and extend about ¾” into the red portion of the wood. It is 6” wide by 3” tall, sanded to 600 grit and Beall Buffed with Tripoli, White Diamond compound And Carnauba Wax. The Bride told me that I won’t be giving this one away. She loves it. Thanks Steve!

The middle photo had to b e taken at an angle to cut the glair so the true shape has been distorted.

Attachments

• Bowl 9 front.JPG
    Bowl 9 front.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Bowl 9 top.JPG
    Bowl 9 top.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Bowl 9 bottom.JPG
    Bowl 9 bottom.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 48
This beautifully patterned bowl is turned from a chunk of Spalted Pecan, gifted to me by Steve Ballinger on the project swap. This is my Liberty Bell, because of the shape and a few cracks that started at the pith at the edge, and extend about ¾” into the red portion of the wood. It is 6” wide by 3” tall, sanded to 600 grit and Beall Buffed with Tripoli, White Diamond compound And Carnauba Wax. The Bride told me that I won’t be giving this one away. She loves it. Thanks Steve!

The middle photo had to b e taken at an angle to cut the glair so the true shape has been distorted.

Chuck great job on that piece of pecan. Just showed it to the wife and she said if ya don't want it you can send it back here.:rofl: Glade it worked out ok for ya.:thumb:
Steve

Jay,

I vacuumed up all the spinney dust, put the spinney tools away, cleaned off the table saw, pulled out the organ instructions, and I will get back to the organ tomorrow (see Larry, I haven’t been completely sucked into the vortex).