Welcome Mack Cameron

Frank Pellow

Mack, it’s great to see you here. For folks who may not know it, Mack is a very accomplished chip carver. A couple of weeks ago, I took a introductory chip carving course taught by Mack at my local Lee Valley store. It would be good if you could post pictures of some of your work here Mack.

Welcome Mack,

Once LOML Denise hears about your talent and skill, I'm sure you'll be getting questions and requests for advice from her. I bought her a set of chisels before we moved and she's been anxious to get to carving.

Hope you enjoy your stay here...
- Marty -

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Frank is too generous with his compliments. Let's see if I have a couple of chip carving pics I can send off. These are a Celtic Cross, pattern was taken from one of Wayne Barton's books.
The large one is carved on wormy butternut, the other on basswood.
Thanks for looking!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Frank is too generous with his compliments. Let's see if I have a couple of chip carving pics I can send off. These are a Celtic Cross, pattern was taken from one of Wayne Barton's books.
The large one is carved on wormy butternut, the other on basswood.
Thanks for looking!

Mack,

Thanks for posting the pics. And no, I don't think Frank was too generous with his compliments. That's some very nice work indeed! ;)

Enjoy your stay...
- Marty -

Welcome Mack,

Once LOML Denise hears about your talent and skill, I'm sure you'll be getting questions and requests for advice from her. I bought her a set of chisels before we moved and she's been anxious to get to carving.

Mack,

You can be sure I'll have a question or two from time to time (if you don't mind me asking)... :) All (but one) of my carving tools are still in storage from the move last year and I'm dying to get them hauled out...:( (Lemme see.... which shop storage box did we put them in..:confused: )

Your Celtic Crosses are really beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing and Welcome to Family Woodworking!!

Denise