Dust Deputy Performance

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I've been using my Dust Deputy for a while now. For the last few weeks been using it on a daily basis to vacuum out my pellet stove every morning before I light it up for the day. I don't think you can find a finer dust around the house than that.

Since I know a few of you had been wondering how it performs with fine dust, here you go.

The filter had a good amount of very fine stuff clogging the filter, but there was actually very little dust in the shop vac bucket. The Homer bucket was actually pretty heavy with dust. I'd call it 2.5 - 3 gallons of ash.

dd_1.jpgdd_2.jpgdd_3.jpg

So, in my book, it did pretty well, and lasted much longer than if I had vacuumed out the stove without it. Saved me a few filter cleanings, that's for sure. :thumb:

That's a good testimonial Brent. Do they make the vacuum bags for your vacuum? I use the shopvac bags with my 20 gallon shopvac. It's amazing how much longer I go between needing to empty the vac. I got into using them when I did drywall, have vacuumed whole houses of drywall dust without clogs, which sold me. I'll have to look into getting the dust deputy, could make them last even longer.

I'll have to check on the bags. This is just a little portable Ridgid shop vac I got for using on the cars and stuff, but ended up putting on a cart with the Dust Deputy.

I did some drywall sanding with it's big brother and that puppy was clogged up good too. Might check the borg for bags next time I go to town. Thanks!