Hall tree It's done

It's done

Ok here is as far as I go. It's all ready for pick up.:thumb:
And the best part is when the guy was here this morning he renegotiated the price up 60 bucks.:thumb::thumb:
1 marking center on the hinges.
2 a small adjustment
3 and 4 all done.

Attachments

• tn_day5part2 001.JPG
    tn_day5part2 001.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 48
  • tn_day5part2 002.JPG
    tn_day5part2 002.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 46
  • tn_day5part2 004.JPG
    tn_day5part2 004.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 51
  • tn_day5part2 005.JPG
    tn_day5part2 005.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy Maaaatey!!! Made the customer walk the plank and he fell off 6 times so 60 dollars more ehhhhhh?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Chuck, what a beautiful hall bench. Great job, wonderful craftsmanship! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!!

Very nice work Chuck! :clap:

I'm going to be building something similar soon, but without the tall back, so I've been watching this with interest.

Cheers!

Jonathan..Theres usualy a row of them next to each mast on a sailing vessel. You can tie off the sheets to them. The also make a great bonker to repell boarders

They were also used to apply disciplinary punishments, two rows of shipmates facing each other making a corridor would make pass the guilty sailor through wile he was being beaten with them.

Thank you Don and Toni, learned something! Toni, a gauntlet of sorts eh?!
Very nice Chuck, so the first seat and hinges it just was an appearance thing? And how strong are those hinges for people like me with fat butts sitting there wiggling while getting my boots on?
Edit, I see, the seat sits on the cross members under it so it isn't supported only along the long edges. Very very nice and should become an heirloom someday!

Been watching this from the beginning, here and on FB, and I'm impressed! Well done. That is nice work. How big a hall do you need to fit a tree that size into it? I only ask because that would not even fit into my living room!

Oh wow I missed a lot and just got caught up. Chuck i have a few questions all at once.

1) I notice you have various types of titebond glue on your shop. Set me straight but is this based on cost of glue and use. I thought that no3 could do everything and hence only keep it in my shop given i dont use as much as a guy like you. Or is there a specific reason other than cost you select each one for use??:dunno:

2) Is the unit spray painted or hand painted?

3) Is the white going to remain white or does the customer intend giving it another coat. In my house that would be white for all of one second with my two sons. Can you give us some info on your finish. Sanding and painting etc.

4) The router that you swung that panel bit in was that simply a PC 690?

Great job i really enjoyed the post.:thumb: I dont think you are aware just how much a hobbiest learns from seeing guys like you work. Man i enjoyed seeing those wide boards and how you treated them.

Then i feel so stupid spending so much time on a workbench when it should be spent on output. Seeing projects materialise on my part would be greater motivation. But its a tug of war between enjoying making your own workplace pieces and doing projects.

How about updating your shop tour. My bet is we would all learn a ton more. Thanks for sharing and taking me along for the ride.:thumb:

Have in mind to make one for the hall in my house but will wait till i close in the front porch. Then it will become the mud room and coat room.

1) I notice you have various types of titebond glue on your shop. Set me straight but is this based on cost of glue and use. I thought that no3 could do everything and hence only keep it in my shop given i dont use as much as a guy like you. Or is there a specific reason other than cost you select each one for use??Reall you have noticed that ther are many different Titebond glue bottles. How ever they are all full of the same glue. I buy it by the gallon and use what ever bottle I cab find. My tool store was selling the red glue bottles last summer.

2) Is the unit spray painted or hand painted?
Rolled and brushed.
3) Is the white going to remain white or does the customer intend giving it another coat. In my house that would be white for all of one second with my two sons. Can you give us some info on your finish. Sanding and painting etc.
It just white all purpose primer by Ben moore
4) The router that you swung that panel bit in was that simply a PC 690?

Great job i really enjoyed the post. I dont think you are aware just how much a hobbiest learns from seeing guys like you work. Man i enjoyed seeing those wide boards and how you treated them.

Then i feel so stupid spending so much time on a workbench when it should be spent on output. Seeing projects materialise on my part would be greater motivation. But its a tug of war between enjoying making your own workplace pieces and doing projects.

How about updating your shop tour. My bet is we would all learn a ton more. Thanks for sharing and taking me along for the ride.

Have in mind to make one for the hall in my house but will wait till i close in the front porch. Then it will become the mud room and coat room.