Stanley No. 7 Type 11.....?

Stuart Ablett

I was just looking around Yahoo auction and I found this......

no7_stanley_type_11_c.jpg no7_stanley_type_11_b.jpg no7_stanley_type_11_a.jpg
..... the seller says it is a No. 7 Type 11 :dunno:

Looks in decent shape, it is on auction now for about $140 but has a buy now of $180...... :huh:

Can't wait long on this one, only a three day action, and usually these larger Western planes go fast.....

Anything here to make you say "No way"..... :dunno:

Cheers!

Pictures don't show a lot.

Frog and lateral look right for an 11, though.

Logo on blade (pix only show back of blade) ought to be "Stanley New Britain CONN USA in a triangular format.

There should be three patent dates cast into the bed, just in front of the tote.

Type 11 was made from 1910~1918. Generally considered to be among the better ones.

Pic looks like the plane may have been repainted/re-japanned. Not sure.

Walter's Guide makes the U.S. price $50~150, condition dependent. I generally see them nearer the low end of that. Of course, in your part of the world...

Good luck with the auction!

Chuck, thats a #5 and #7's go for a lot more, at least around here.

I looked for a long time before I bought a #7 Stu because they were always so stinking high priced. I found one that was sort of ugly on Ebay and I still paid $120 or 130 3 or 4 years ago. It's a early one, 1890's I think. Had a replacement handle and a damage tote. I have not prices in a long time but If you need one, I doubt you could get one shipped from here any cheaper?