OK it's the first weekend of a new decade

Don Baer

Staff member
and it's a long one. So whacha got planned.
I be doing the usual, in the shop and church on sun morning.
I'llk be a good boy tonight, I'll probably be sawing logs whenn the new year arrives, I can't remember the last time I stayed up to welcome in the new year.

Shop and church, also. Getting some cleaning and a little rearranging done in the shop. Behind on starting my next project, maybe because I can't decide which one to start next.:huh:

'Bout the same... by the time you get my age, new years night is just another night... we may stay up long enough to see the new year in since our normal bedtime is between 11:30 pm and midnight... but no party.

Tomorrow the wife will make the traditional New Year's meal... I'm a southerner and my mother always had black eyed peas on NYD...my wife is of polish descent and her family always had cabbage on NYD... she'll combine the two in some tasty dish. She's a pretty darn good cook... I kept my weight low at about 155 until I married her (I was 50) when we married... the first year I gained 35 lbs... second year another 10... it's been tough staying under 200 these past 17 years..

I'm hoping the rain will let up enough to let us see the first New Years Eve blue moon in 20 some years...if they only come along every 20 years we might not see another :) Wishing all here a warm, healthy and prosperous 2010!

I'm hoping the rain will let up enough to let us see the first New Years Eve blue moon in 20 some years...if they only come along every 20 years we might not see another :) Wishing all here a warm, healthy and prosperous 2010!

Last night was fantastic out here. With the snow cover on the ground, and the air was so clear I could see for miles and miles in the moonlight. The mountains in the distances looked like paintings. Didn't even need the headlights on the garden tractor as I took out the garbage, and I could still see my goofy lab running around in the 'dark'.

Tonight we're going over to see some friends, have an offer to spend the night, but not planning to drink anyway.

Need to put some new u-joints in the new/old Tahoe, have a new door handle and a speaker cover to install, also bought a new stereo for it. I need to figure out some storage for the back. First vehicle I've ever owned that hasn't had a tool box...or a bed for that matter. :dunno:

Will be working on the fireplace/entertainment center Sunday and having dinner with the kids as usual.

Working on a maple & walnut platform rocker for my soon-to-be one year old grand niece.

BTW, it's not a new decade yet. That's NEXT YEAR.

Think about it - was there ever a 'year zero?' The first century started with "1, A.D." so the first decade was 1~10, not 0~9.

The 21st century actually began in 2001 - in spite of all the hype about Y2K. So, this is the LAST YEAR for the FIRST DECADE of the 21st CENTURY.

I'll be working on the new saw set up. It won't matter that I have an unheated shop...I'll be grinning too much to notice!! :thumb: Got a new ceiling fan to install in the guest bedroom I did the tile on last fall. If I get to a stopping point with the saw, I have some ducting to do. Got another stick of pipe yesterday. I'll spend some time mapping out the cells on the inside of my eyelids too! ;) Not too often I get a 3 day weekend! Jim.

BTW, it's not a new decade yet. That's NEXT YEAR.

Think about it - was there ever a 'year zero?' The first century started with "1, A.D." so the first decade was 1~10, not 0~9.

The 21st century actually began in 2001 - in spite of all the hype about Y2K. So, this is the LAST YEAR for the FIRST DECADE of the 21st CENTURY.

hmm...dunnno. IMHO, I believe the clock starts at 0, so we've been living the last year of this decade (2000 - 2009) and the next does start at midnight. :)

My son and I just took down the old "C" band satalite dish otherwise known as a "BUD" (big ugly dish). It was on a bank and an inch of fresh snow made it a little more interesting. Glad for the air compressor and impact wrench. As I said in a poll a long time ago the air compressor is the single most useful tool I ever bought.

Garry

I accomplished nothing today, spent 3 hours at the bank handling paperwork, and now have nothing left in the eyes to do anything, and tomorrow is a washout day for me, football and chips.

Got tons to do, but don't have the will to start. Might burn the house we tore down last week. Might to that tomorrow. Need to get a couple pics posted of that as well. Worked with the local Amish/ Mennonite family today. Helped set poles for their new pole barn. First time I had met them. Had a blast. Very good people.

Tonight, Q some filets and lobster tails for The Bride and me, watch a little TV, have some St. Pauli Girl NA, Kiss The Bride goodnight and probably be in bed by 10. Tomorrow or Sunday, depending how hangover The Boy is, I will literally be sawing logs. I picked up a 42” by 10” log of what I think is English Walnut, so I need to cut it up on the band saw and Anchor Seal the ends, maybe turn a green bowl or two. Depending on how hard it is to cut the log on the band saw, I may go get the Stihl Farm Boss I’ve been looking at (saw a LOT of downed wood from the last storm on the back roads today). I’ll work on the organ also. Been working on the pressure box lid.

Friday - I think I'll give my wife a late xmas present and build the end table for the family room that she's been asking for approximately a year. :eek:

Saturday - Paint the ceiling (16' high) of the daughter of a friend of my wife's.

Sunday - Church? Continue to work on the end table.

hmm...dunnno. IMHO, I believe the clock starts at 0, so we've been living the last year of this decade (2000 - 2009) and the next does start at midnight. :)

Nope! It's 2010 A.D. (Anos Domini - or year of Our Lord) So when was He zero years old? Was He zero for a year, then one? I think not. 0001 A.D. began (theoretically, if you're a 'believer') at His birth, so the century ended at the end of Year 100, 200, etc. 2000. :)

Nope! It's 2010 A.D. (Anos Domini - or year of Our Lord) So when was He zero years old? Was He zero for a year, then one? I think not. 0001 A.D. began (theoretically, if you're a 'believer') at His birth, so the century ended at the end of Year 100, 200, etc. 2000. :)
Nope. When he was born that was the first day of the first decade of the first century. The next day was day 1 of the first day of the first year of the new decade of the new century. Year 0001 was his first birthday. When he turned 10 it started the second decade, etc etc etc (to quote Yule Brenner)