OK it's the first weekend of a new decade

Jim's right. All belief systems aside, the decade ends Dec 31, 2010, and I'm pretty certain the majority of calendar scholars would agree. ;)

Arrrrggghhh, you mean I have to wait another year to get rid of the first decade of the 2k's?

Ok, I'm patient.... Initiate waiting mode....

I stayed awake until 12 to welcome the new year with LOML, 15 minutes later we were both sleeping in bed.
Today I planned to work on my fence, but strong cold wind of about 50mph that has been blowing all night, continues blowing making working outside really unpleasant. So back indoors to tidy up shop.

Nope. When he was born that was the first day of the first decade of the first century. The next day was day 1 of the first day of the first year of the new decade of the new century. Year 0001 was his first birthday. When he turned 10 it started the second decade, etc etc etc (to quote Yule Brenner)

No, Year 0001 began at birth, and went until His first birthday, which began Year Two, etc. etc. etc. Hundredth birthday began Year 101. Thousandth birthday began 1001. Two thousandth birthday began 2001 - the first decade of the twentyfirst century. We've still got a year to go before we begin the second decade. :):):)

Gee, haven't played this game since Y2K! :D:D

not a pleasant job, I tried everything, fingers are numb, just stuck a disc on the sanding and Im taking the paint off with everything else, but at least the rust is dissapearing.

Attachments

• wood stuff 1570 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1570 (Medium).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 12
  • wood stuff 1572 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1572 (Medium).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 12
  • wood stuff 1573 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1573 (Medium).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 12