installing Beadboard

Nick Clayton

Hello all,

I'm going to install floor to ceiling beadboard panels in my bathroom project. Any tips for getting exceptional results? Even better any links you can point me to so I can see first hand?

Thanks for any help in advance and Happy New Year to all

Hello all,

I'm going to install floor to ceiling beadboard panels in my bathroom project. Any tips for getting exceptional results? Even better any links you can point me to so I can see first hand?

Thanks for any help in advance and Happy New Year to all

When you say panels I think of 4 x 8 sheets. Is that what you are uesing?

Larry - the bathroom is small except for one wall that is 7.5' long, yes this is also small by todays standards, to which I was going to add some horizontal blocking between studs for nailing.

Chuck - I was hoping you would jump in. I'm using 4x8 MRI panels (standard bead 2" OC) from the Nantucket Beadboard Company; I believe they are from up your way:D. I read through their instrctions which suggests using panel adhesive with nails to tack the panels in place as the adhesive dries. I have no idea what panel adhesive is, I was going to rely on my local lumber yard to direct me, but am thinking of shooting 1.5" 15 gauge stainless steel finish nails.

My problem is that I'm a visual beast and over think everything to the point of paralysis. The house is 55yrsold and not as straight as it once was to further complicate things. I would like the corner joints (3 inside & 1 outside) to look pleasing to the eye without too much wavering. Also on the long wall I'll need to sue two panels to make the run. Should I use a butt joint or a lap joint to account for any movement so I can minimize any joint line?

Thanks Chuck, I read that before when I was doing my investigation earlier. I do believe this may turn into a 'live and learn' type project.

I was hoping for some tutorial to hold my hand through the process with insight to possible problems I may encounter and how to head them off at the pass so to speak.