new Grizzly catalog arrived today

Frank Fusco

Of course, the first thing I looked at was the lathe section. Looks like Grizzly is making a serious move to capturing a big part of the lathe market. Their line up of serious mini and midi lathes is impressive.
But, the big talk has been about the new 18X47 EVS model. It is the G0698 and is priced at $1,295.00. It is a 2 hp machine with features that seem to make it superior in every way to the infamous G0632. (the model I own) The puzzlement is that the 0632 is still offered but costs more :eek: than the bigger and more powerful newcomer. :huh:
The G0698 is not on their website yet. So, for the sake of a picture I am showing the G0632.

Attachments

• g0632.jpg
    g0632.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 22
I like seeing Griz try to improve their lathe product line. But if the new lathe has a 1" spindle like the Laguna 1847 that it shares manufacturers with, I'd be cautious about it. Lotsa power and big swing aren't a great match for an undersized spindle. Not all of them from this factory have the small spindles, so hopefully Griz did it right for their version.

http://www.gymachinery.com/p57.html

According to the catalog it is a 1-¼" spindle. It looks like a solid piece of equipment in the catalog.

Cheers,
That's good to hear. It does sound like a promising addition to their line-up. I know the biggest complaint about the Laguna has been the lack of customer service, and I'm pretty certain Grizzly has that part already dialed in. ;)