Happy New Year

Just wanted to wish everyone here a Healthy, Happy New Year.

And: wooohooo

Today I walked out of work and drove home for the last time. I am now officially retired as of midnight. What a great New Year. My 2010 has 52 weeks of 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday per week.:rofl::rofl:

Happy New Year, and Happy New Occupation, Bernie. :thumb: Now you're really gonna be busy. (After you catch up on your sleep, of course.)

Congratulations on your retirement Bernie -- can't wait until I can, only 3 years 8 months and 15 days left!!!

Hope you have a great new year and adjust quickly to retirement :thumb:!!

Tony

Thanks everyone. I truly hope each has a great new year.

Jay you are right about the politics. The stress of working 26 yrs and then the last 7 as a supervisor just tripled the stress. It just got to where it wasn't fun going to work anymore.

Tony I think with my clock repair shop plus woodturning I will stay pretty busy. Oh and a little golf won't hurt. I have been told that now that I am retired after a month or two I will wonder how I had time to have a job and work.:rofl::rofl:

Vaughn I might sleep in till maybe 6:30 or maybe 7 am instead of getting up at 4:30.:rofl: Oh and my son said on facebook that dad after 4 decades of working that he now has a new boss, "MOM":rofl: with a 42 yr honey-do list.

Happy New Life, Bernie! You are young enough to enjoy YEARS of doing nothing. I retired 11 years ago, don’t do anything and don’t have enough time to do it. Good luck on sleeping past 4:30. That may be your greatest difficulty of your adjustment.

Thanks for the kind words. I am sure I will have plenty to keep me busy. My clock repair will keep me as busy as I want. It is still fun and I don't want it to become a demanding job. Woodturning, well there is the brand oneway coring system still in the box I just never had time to setup and I am excited to get it going. A vacuum chuck I never got hooked up. It will just be nice to go out and turn without having to worry if I am going to get it all done it a weekend. There are some different types of turning such as airbrushing I want to try. I bought the outfit but not enough time.

It sure was nice not to have that cellphone/leash to put on this morning. I have wore that thing for 7 yrs 24/7. It had interrupted more weekends than I care to count.

Now I can play golf a few times a week instead of a couple times a month and fly fishing in Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado will be nice. Oh yea and a couple of cruises for the LOML.

Congratulations !

Well that's about the best New Year gift EVER !:thumb: Most everyone I know that is retired say they don't know how they had time to work since they are busier now than when working. I hope you know how to say "No" once in a while and take time just for yourself.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy, and LONG retirement.

Don one of my best friends retired a couple of years ago. He said if anyone and he said I mean anyone asked you to volunteer for something just say no because if you don't they will hound you to death. He said after two years he finally made a bunch of people mad because he said I finally said no.

I plan to enjoy my retirement. Like I told him I didn't retire to get another job.:rofl: