Wisconsin has arrived.

Frank Fusco

Wisconsin (or Vermont, or Michigan.....) has arrived in northern Arkansas. :(
6 a.m., four inches of snow on ground and still falling. I don't like.
No pictures because I'm trying to pretend it isn't happening. :rolleyes:

shoulda stood in bed

My intentions were good. Up early, cupa, a little visit here then go to church.
No church today. Put on my Sunday best, got in pick-em-up but couldn't get up hill. Not just snow. There is an underlayment of ice. Snow must have fallen, then temps fell freezing early snow, then more snow on top. Stayin' inside and cozy today. Pics later. BTW, truck is parked on side of road about a 1/4 mile from house, hope no one hit is, control isn't good on the hill.

You're welcome, Frank. The last snow came with an inch or so of rain mixed in so everything has a layer of ice. The body shops are doing a land office business. Stay warm and safe. ER's were also doing a booming business treating heart attacks after the last snow here.

promised pic

We get a taste of 'up nawth' most years. Some years we don't even notice winter being here. Right now, my big concern is someone hitting my truck on that curve/hillside.
My son knows about the heart attack thing. Shoveling driveways can be deadly.
Me? Fuzzy slippers, flannel robe and a cupa.

Attachments

• snow Jan 3 2010.jpg
    snow Jan 3 2010.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 25
Last month, we had our first snow since ’76. This one was almost two snowflakes thick. Got ALL THE WAY down to 28º.:rofl::rofl: The hills got almost an inch or so, they sure were pretty.

Well Frank, how is the truck? Seen the forecast for Thursday? Calling for several inches here in the Ohio valley. Looking like it may get down your way.

Truck is fine, it doesn't know any better. ;)
It is just sitting on the side of the road.
I still can't get out but have a tow coming. He probably won't get here until this afternoon. Even then he will only take it to the top of the hill, I'm on my own after that. [and he is charging double normal rates] Don't know if I should risk trying to get to town to get snow tires put on. Weather forecast is not encouraging. Have to get wife up to Nixa, MO (about 125 miles) tomorrow so she can catch a plane Wed. I'm not optimistic that will happen.

still not moving

A different tow truck company came out. This time he had chains. No help. He refused to even come down the hill. We aren't going anywhere for a while. Temps are forecast to stay very cold so there won't be any thawing for some time. I love the balmy south.