The Family that turns together stays together.

Don Baer

Staff member
LOML made a remark today that she has never watched me turn a piece. Asked me to get her next time I was going to turn something. Then she surprised me and said that maybe she might want to learn how to turn. Sorry Larry but SWMBO has spoken. I told her that if that were the case we might need a second lathe. Hmmm maybe I need to add a PM 3520 to my wish list. More to follow.

Last edited:
I love my wife but, having her in my shop using my saws:huh:
good luck with that Don.
Doug,
After 35nyears of marraige we get along pretty well. I'll give her the opportunity to see how she likes it and if she does thats why I said we will need another lathe. Either she will like it or she wont. if she likes it then we need another lathe if not well I guess I need another excuse to buy a bigger one..:D:thumb:

i see you are in queen creek. i lived in apache junction for years went to high school at mountian view high in the early 80's still have family there. there is no place like it at sunset with the colors.

Don,

Before Christmas as I was turning some presents, The Bride told me I need a bigger lathe so I can turn bigger bowls. She asked me if I would teach her how to use the mini lathe WHEN I get a big one (ET - JWL-1642EVS). YOUZA-YOUZA-YOUZA! :thumb: I’ll take that as the go ahead!

Although my shop is "sacred" and a great place to hide when needed. I wouldn't mind if my wife occasionally came downstairs and wanted to turn a pen or something. Unlikely to happen though. I leave her sewing machine alone and she leaves my tools alone:rofl: