Dublin Dr. Pepper

There is a chain of fast food chicken restaurants here that have the Dublin Dr Pepper in their fountain. It almost doesn't have that "bite" that I like, but it is good. Just think, when most of us were kids, all soft drinks were made that way! Even around here, a 6 pack of 10 oz bottles will set you back about 3 bucks! Jim.

The "Heritage Dr. Pepper" (made with sugar vs. HFCS) that's out right now supposedly tastes like the Dublin Dr. Pepper. At least that's what I've been told.

Wes

Now... just a LITTLE further back up the timeline... Coca-cola (and lots of other fountain drinks) were made with real live cocaine... and heroin was available over the counter, touted as a "complexion improver". Betcha' they sold lots of apple corers around that same time, hm? :)

Now... just a LITTLE further back up the timeline... Coca-cola (and lots of other fountain drinks) were made with real live cocaine... and heroin was available over the counter, touted as a "complexion improver". Betcha' they sold lots of apple corers around that same time, hm? :)

When I was a kid it was rumored that if you eat an aspirin and drink a coke it would make you a little loopy. :dunno:
Then I heard that they took out whatever chemical it was from the coke recipe :dunno:

My daughter works for a guy "Dan the soda man" who has any kind of pop (OK soda to you easterners:rolleyes:) in glass bottles with cane sugar recipes, Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Nehi and the list just continues, Ya, much better then the plastic bottle versions:D