Feeling old today

My oldest daughter, 15, started drivers ed today. Never really gave it a thought until now. She is telling me by Friday she can get her learners permit. There goes my insurance rates and more gray hair.

Steve.....wait she brings the guy of her life home to meet you.......Then there is the wedding........then she calls to tell you they are expecting......then you hold your first grandchild...........then that grandchild graduates from HS......then you attend her wedding.........Then you get called at midnight...she's been admitted and is delivering.....and then you find yourself playing with the prettiest girl in the world and she's you 3 year old great-granddaughter.

Then my friend..you can call yourself old!

Cheer up!

My oldest daughter, 15, started drivers ed today. Never really gave it a thought until now. She is telling me by Friday she can get her learners permit. There goes my insurance rates and more gray hair.

No...It's all smooth sailing from here. Just keeps getting better every day.

(I won't tell him if you guys don't) :)

Don't worry, the grey hair just makes you look distinguished Steve. :D

Steve I am sure that you have raised her right and you will not have a thing to worry about. This is a positive thing as you don't have to drive her here and there anymore. Just toss her the keys and relax. It will be tough at first but it will get better. Heck my youngest (17 ) has a car that he wants to sell to buy a motor bike. I am concerned but I trust him to make the right choices. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

She is 15 and you think you are old? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
When my daughter was 15 I was 63 and still going strong.
Gray hair? Why? Relax and enjoy. Stand back and observe how her life is progressing. Keep in mind, you will have her only a few more years. Then she will belong to another man or be off on her own.
My advice to parents is to observe your children as they grow and don't blink. Because life can change, or end, in a blink. I know.

She is 15 and you think you are old? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
When my daughter was 15 I was 63 and still going strong.
Gray hair? Why? Relax and enjoy. Stand back and observe how her life is progressing. Keep in mind, you will have her only a few more years. Then she will belong to another man or be off on her own.
My advice to parents is to observe your children as they grow and don't blink. Because life can change, or end, in a blink. I know.

True stuff!

Yep it does change fast. Guess I was/ am having one of those moments. Just yesterday I was changing the diaper, soon she will be wanting the car keys.

Oh and the keys she wants, are for a 2010 Camaro. Nothing special, she says I can even pick the color.

I recently had the grandaughter of someone I worked with back in the late 70s come in to my business and showed me a picture of her grandchild.
But I have to give the gold to Ken, ok, you win, but being around and able to enjoy a great grandchild born is a gift in itself.

I aint old and I refuse to get old...but been here a long time and planning on being here a lot longer.... my baby didn't come along until I was 30 and he turns 39 this June. His mother and I wound up divorced when he was 5 and she gave me custody. It was my greatest accomplishment to raise him all by myself... he's one fine young man and he has a darling wife.