Looking for some quick advice please......UPDATE

Mark Rios

I MUST get rid of my old TS. There is no room for it in my trailer or anywhere else inside. Before it gets ruined I need to sell/get rid of it. It has finally started to rain here in Central CA.

Would you very knowledgeable folks be kind enough to give me your very honest, frank opinions on it's quick sale value? Is it worth my time and effort to sell it?

I'm not looking for touchy, feely kind words. It's worth is it's worth. I just don't have the knowledge or experience to make that determination. If it's not really worth that much then I will have to do other things to/with it.

Here is a quick description:

Ridgid TS2424 Table Saw
I purchased the saw new from HD in the fall of 1998. It has a PALS kit on it and I also have a machined and balanced set of pulleys, plus a link belt, that haven't been installed yet. It's been well taken care of and is in great shape. Never had to do any repairs and has never had a problem. It has a factory built in/on mobile base, two wheels on one end and one wheel on a lever on the other end kind of thing. Cast iron table and "webbed" cast iron wings. It's a Ridgid TS2424 but I've moved the rails, for a 31" cut on the right side and 18+" on the left, and replaced the measuring tape on the front rail on both sides. It comes with one (1) ZCI, one (1) factory single blade insert and one (1) factory dado insert.

The motor sticker is completely intact but in the spot for the HP, nothing is listed. To do your own HP calcs, the sticker lists the amp draw at 13 amps@120V. Also, after all this time of owning it, I just now found out that it can run on 120V OR 240V. It now runs on 120V. The sticker lists two speeds 2850 rpm and 3450 rpm. I'm not sure how one would change the speeds.

Here are the pics of it:

111TS.jpg

111TS1.jpg

111TS2.jpg

Any help/info you can provide?

Thanks very much for your time and consideratioin.

Last edited:
Mark,

I sold one for 400 bucks.

In twenty minutes.

If I had room I buy it back for 400 bucks.

( it was the job saw.)

Per

American made arn there, in great shape...looks like it's got FWD too! It should get a little premium over 50% b/c of it's condition and extras. I'd try the classifieds on these forums, Craigslist, local classifieds, and/or Ebay.

Thanks guys.

I remember paying north of $600. A Ridgid 3650 sells for $549 right now. So if I list it for $250 it should be a fair quick sale price? I really need to get it out of the way.

Sound reasonable? Any better ideas on pricing to move it out? I guess I could offer one of my blades with it.

Well, I put it on Craigslist as was suggested.

A guy just emailed me and asked, "if its in good shape will you take $150".

I replied,"It's in great shape and sorry, no.":D

I have to believe that it's worth more than that. I'd just as soon donate to a church auction than to just get $150. Which may just be what I'll end up doing.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mark, the $150 offer could be one of those Craigs Listers dealer guys, they buy stuff up at "stupid cheap I just want to get rid of this thing" type prices and then sell it on Craigs list or E-bay etc.

I think $250 would be a great deal, $350 you would be smiling too! :D

Mark,

One more time,

That is a great saw.

I owned the very same one.

Granted, I live in the North East where a double mocha latte goes for

6 bucks, but. I listed it at 400 clams for negotiating room.

Guy came, none of this can you do better nonsense.

Handed me 4 c notes, on his truck it went.

For 250 I will take two and make room.

Per

Well, I put it on Craigslist as was suggested.

A guy just emailed me and asked, "if its in good shape will you take $150".

I replied,"It's in great shape and sorry, no.":D
You have more restraint than me. I'd have told the guy to go pound sand. :rolleyes:

I'm in the $350 range voting block. ;)

Mark, the $250-$300 price range sounds about right. Go out and try to find something new as nice as your saw, and you'll be paying $600 or more! Your saw looks well maintained, and I bet it will sell quick. Good luck!

I just got a call from a guy about my Ridgid TS. He had emailed me last weekend and never called me or emailed me back so I figured that he decided against it. But no, he wanted to come look at it. I rushed to get it unpacked. I had bundled it up nice and tight for storage. 45 minutes later it's tied down on his truck and I've got my $250 for it. He didn't quibble about the price at all, which I'm glad about, I was hoping not to have to arm wrestle anyone over $5 :D . He was a real nice guy and I'm sure it will serve him well.

Thanks again for all the help and advice.

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!:D :D :D

Last edited:
He probably wanted to see it...cause $250 for the saw in that condition, and a few goodies, seemed too good to true. :huh: When he confirmed it, he didn't want to waste a second about "dickering"....just get it in his truck and haul rear for the nearest place he could get a "cold one" and celebrate his steal :eek:

But...you got what you wanted for it, it has a good home, and now you can play with your other toys...:thumb:

Congrats, to the both of you. :D

Greg

Last edited:
He got a great deal and I got a little cash out of it and, the main thing, it's not in my way and I don't have to worry about keeping it out of the weather.

I may have been able to get a little more for it but it's definately worth a hundred bucks or so to me to not have to deal with it anymore. He upgraded from a benchtop to a solid contractor saw.

I say we both got a totally great deal.