Amazon.com

shipping Cost

:( A recent news article came out in the past week about increasing cost from Matson. Yes... we are in the middle of the Pacific and the farthest western state. And no matter what we envision there will never be a bridge built to connect Hawaii to the mainland. It would be cheaper to go to the moon. Space travel is "in" for a measly few million $. I'm just facing reality......., to live in paradise we do pay for the amenities. "That's life!" Aloha :thumb:

Amazon has been my friend for many years. Usually the best deal, sans tax and free shipping. What few problems I encountered were quickly resolved.

The last major tool was a 18" Delta bandsaw that was offered at a great price. It took three tries for the item to arrive undamaged. Amazon took care of the problem with little effort. They wanted to cancel the order after the second round, but since I already purchased several blades and Carter blade guides, they relented and resent the third saw.

Just an aside. I had to pickup a molder at the freight dock because of a mix-up (that's another story). If you've ever wondered why you experienced or heard stories of damaged items, just take a few minutes and visit a dock. Envision a long rectangle building with open semi trailers flanking each side. In between are pallets of freight and if you concentrate real hard you can see that the propane blurs are actually forklifts slamming stuff about. I didn't know a forklift could get four wheels into the air jumping a ramp into a truck-- with a pallet. How anything remains intact is a miracle.

Amazon will not ship tools to me in Japan, they will and do ship books, but not tools, or other electronic goods :rolleyes:

I have gotten some great deals by having them ship the goods to a US friend and then have them forwarded to me.

Books etc, they are great!:thumb: