I'm a new member!

Kevin Pauba

I'm a hobby woodworker/carpenter and have mostly been working projects around the home (deck, attic remodel, etc.). I have had a shop all my life (my dad still has a wood and metal shop) but just started outfitting my own shop for more furniture work (6" jointer, 13" planer, guided (EZ) saw system with 7.25 and 10.25 saws, etc.). I'm also have a number of hand tools and I aspire to get more experience with (and more of) them in the future.

I hope to finish a cyclone in the not-to-distant future before I embark on the construction of A&C pieces.

At this point, I'm mostly a lurker as I don't yet have the experience/abilities as the rest of you.

Thanks for having me! :)

Well welcome Kevin! We would really like to see your shop and pictures of stuff you build. Around here we are picture freaks!!!!
We have had a few family members here build their own cyclone systems or redesign their cyclone system or upgrade their systems. Hopefully they will speak up and show you the path to their threads so you can read up on their experiences and not have to reinvent the wheel!

Kevin we all started out as lurkers. Then the temptation of participation becomes to great Eh! :D:thumb:

Welcome to the Family. You will find all the help you need here and more and dont worry about your skills you gotta be better than me. I aint no carpenter and strickly hobbiest but not if you ask my neighbors.:rofl::rofl:

welcome kevin and like jonathan said we like pics:) and feel free to aska s many questions and as many times as it takes to get you to understand the answers given in this forum we DONT ridicule others for being less informed than another..so dont be afraid to ask anything and anyone:thumb:

Welcome, Kevin. Now all you have to do is get a lathe and you can leave the DARK side for the "Vortex" ; a land of beauty, short completion times, built-in relaxation, Money, and an adoring crowd saying OOOOOOOOOH and AAAAAAAAAH.

Bruce

Funny you should mention that ... one of my sons got interested and quickly fell in the black hole after we picked up a used lathe. Luckily, he went out of town for college so he can now concentrate on his studies. Now, I can feel the pull of the idle machine when I'm in the shop but my wife's pull to finish more projects is even stronger.

I was thinking of picking up a Delta 46-460 for my son's graduation but worry that it'll took too used after three years (when he will finish up).

The outlook looks good for him getting into woodworking ... he's a Junior in Architecture (requires a Master's these days) and he definitely has the interest.

l8r