Genkan Bench

I'm finally getting back at this Genkan bench project, my "Joint Genie" doweling jig has arrived, so now I can press forward!:thumb:

I also got some spiral 1/4" cutter for the router table to make the slot for holding the raised panels, boy does it cut nice :D

raised_panels_ts_setup.JPG
Here is the set up I used to cut the 7.5 degree angle on the front of the panels, it worked well, even better when I put a sharp sawblade on the saw :eek: :doh:

raised_panels_before.JPG
After cutting the bevel on the front of each panel, because the sawblade is at 7.5 degrees, you get this funny little lip on the edge of the raised panel, I just grabbed my nice LV shoulder plane and a couple of swipes.........

raised_panels_edge_after.JPG
....... and all was right :thumb:

raised_panels_fit.JPG
This is the fit I have on the panels into the frame now, I think I might make the groove a little shallower, not much, I want to leave some space for expansion, but just a bit shallower, what do you guys think?

raised_panels_reveal.JPG
This is the reveal I get (it is only a mock up) I think this is OK too, I know it is not easy to see, with the light colored wood.

raised_panesl_done.JPG
Here are the panels all lightly sanded on the bevel only, the faces are all hand planed smooth.

Now on to the frame :thumb:

Starting to shape up Stu. I really like the look of the wood your using. Went back to the beginning to find the name of it and couldn't even begin to pronounce it. The color just seems so consistent. Loml likes it also.:thumb::wave:

Yeah, I know, but I've been sidetracked.

I was on delivery the other day and something went "POP" on my scooter :doh:I knew the muffler was going, and I'd already bought the parts last fall, so I just have to fix it. Thing is, without the scooter I have to do the deliveries by hand, on a cart or get the van out, which is kind of overkill, so it takes time.

I'm working on it :eek:

Yeah, I know, but I've been sidetracked.

I was on delivery the other day and something went "POP" on my scooter :doh:I knew the muffler was going, and I'd already bought the parts last fall, so I just have to fix it. Thing is, without the scooter I have to do the deliveries by hand, on a cart or get the van out, which is kind of overkill, so it takes time.

I'm working on it :eek:

Maybe you should get back to the bike trailer build first? :dunno::rolleyes::wave::p

Maybe you should get back to the bike trailer build first? :dunno::rolleyes::wave::p

Waiting on parts on that build.

Got the muffler changed, just about had to take the stupid scooter apart to change the muffler, I really needed some of them Honda midgets to get at a couple of the bolts.... :doh:

But is it done, the scooter is now so quiet, I have to check to see if it is running :D :wave: