Beginning to go into withdrawals.....

I been to "Umble". Used to go to Pappados for Red Fish Posadrine (sp?)...yum...:D:thumb:

I don't think there's a Pappados in Humble... there's a Pappas... two different resturants.. owned by the same people...
Pappas = sea food, In Humble
Pappados = cajun, in Houston - not in Humble
Pappasitas = Mexican, Humble
There's also a steak house, but I forget the name of it..... every restaurant had a member of the Pappas family managing it - or so the rumor went... there are Pappas owned restaurants all over Houston area.

There is a Pappas on I10 east of Houston that was about 4 blocks from my office... I had a trucking salesman for a company out of California that I used quite a bit... the salesman would fly into Houston to call on me and always wanted to take me to lunch at Pappas... my favorite was the stuff flounder.
When she got to go, my wife always liked the blackened red fish.

You're right about the pronunciation.. you don't use the "H"... home of the Humble Oil Company...
The first time I ever heard of Humble, I was in the BayArea working for a moving and storage company that specialized in the delivery of computers... back when controllers looked like a refrigerators and disc drives looked like washing machines... my domestic man had a delivery to Humble, Texas and asked me where it was...
I told him it didn't exist...
there's no such thing as a humble Texan... :rofl:

Last edited:
you forget the shorts and tank top, and you'll wind up arrested for scaring the nieghbor's livestock... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I need to scare them... the calves next door keep crawling under the electric fence that runs down the other side of the driveway between my house and the neighbors... they like the grass in my lawn more than the grass in the pasture... mine is greener.:rofl: I do get the benefit of the free fertilizer... just have to watch where I walk barefoot... it getting harder to get it out from between the toes.

Last edited:
some of you guys have some real serious issues, like start feeling withdrawal syptoms when you cant go spin a pen or make a box. Geeeeesh. Whats up with you guys? Are you really that sick?

:D