Pens

Had a lady call late this morning and said she needed a couple of hand made pens. She said a lady told her that I turned pens so wondered if she could get a couple out of some nice wood. I told her I had some redwood burl and really nice walnut so she said she would take one of each. I hit them with BLO with friction and then finished with 5 coats of CA and buffed. Pic's isn't to good but she showed up about the time I finished and was going to take pictures.

Attachments

• Redwood Pen 1.jpg
    Redwood Pen 1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 56
  • Redwood Pen 3.jpg
    Redwood Pen 3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 54
  • Walnut Pen 1.jpg
    Walnut Pen 1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Walnut Pen 2.jpg
    Walnut Pen 2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 49
Les those are Woodcraft click pens. I really like them but I found out one thing that the insides of tubes need to be cleaned till they shine. I had trouble with some of the first ones I did but use a pistol cleaning kit with the copper wire brushes to clean the tubes and now have no problems. The tolerances are pretty tight. Even the guy at Woodcraft thanked me for the tip. They are my most popular selling kit from $25 to $35 depending on the wood I use.

Nice looking pens Bernie. I've made a couple of those "click" pens as well and your right about the fit on them is tight. Good job.

Man....I wish I was retired....only 15 more years :eek: LOL

Tom

Les those are Woodcraft click pens. I really like them but I found out one thing that the insides of tubes need to be cleaned till they shine. I had trouble with some of the first ones I did but use a pistol cleaning kit with the copper wire brushes to clean the tubes and now have no problems. The tolerances are pretty tight. Even the guy at Woodcraft thanked me for the tip. They are my most popular selling kit from $25 to $35 depending on the wood I use.

Thanks for that great tip Bernie. Nice fit and finish on those pens.