Really sick!

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
I never vomit -- I just keep it in--- the last time was about 1971 when I had way too much to drink at a New Year Party..

Last night about 11:30 I woke up with really bad nausea ran to the bathroom did not make it -- bad mess on the floor.. boy I was really really sick... Happened 3 times -- back to bed and then run to the bathroom -- with diarrhea in between..

I stayed in bed and sleep all day today.. sore belly and do not feel good -- no fever so I do not think it is the flu.
:huh: sorry if this was too graphic....

Sick I say sick.....

Did it creep up about 4 hours after eating by chance? If so, you might be looking at some food poisoning. Be sure to get lots of fluids. Get to feeling better Paul. :wave:

Like Darren says,

most of the problem you are having is food poisoning. I took a food saftey course and learned way too much.

Just drink lots of water. If you are still at it after about 12 hours go see a doc. Really!!!

Lessee. salmonella, shigella, giardia, dysentery, cholera, botulism, clostridium, cryptosporidiosis, if you were in the Mediterranian I'd include brucellosis... headache? Fatigue?

I'm thinkin' a parasite, but not necessarily.

No fluidspew today? Just last night?

Went through the whole family last week/weekend, one person at a time. Twenty four to forty eight hours and all is good, except for feeling weak. Seems to be going around here. Sorry.

Hmmmm What is the saying on the forum? No pics didn't happen. :rofl::rofl::rofl: No I am not suggesting that you post pics:eek: Just throwing something out to make you smile and not feel so bad. Hope that your feeling better soon.

Drew ...phew i am glad you clarrified that ....but it certainly gave me a laugh. I pictured all the mods having to spend time deciding if the picture would be allowed or be offensive to someones dog:rofl::rofl:

...do not lose lunch while using the table saw, blowback is no fun...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dan you have a great sense of humor.

Paul I am not happy to hear you sick but hope these guys humor cheered you up somewhat. Sure lifted the winter blues here.:D

Get well soon.:thumb:

Same type of thing going around here as well. Must be a Indiana thing. Feel great and then wham, pump and purge, for about 12 hours. Takes couple days to get totally better.

Feeling a slight bit better today.. Got up out of bed for awhile --trying to get plenty of fluids but no food.... sore gut. You guys are a real riot... :rofl:

Thanks for the fun and good words....

Just had two large wild Turkeys outside my bedroom window. Fun to watch.

Errr---- the feathered kind not my woodworking friends... :D

Last edited:
Two Wild Turkeys?

wildturkeybourbon.jpg
wildturkeybourbon.jpg

No wonder your stomach is bothering you. :rofl:

Back in the days when I was part owner of a cabin in the mountains, we referred to it a "Uncle Turkey's High-Altitude Elixir".

Strange, but my wife (who never gets sick) got hit with something last night that sounds very similar to what happened to Paul.

She was at the doctors office for a regular checkup on Friday, so I'm guessing whatever she has, she got there. Like they say, if you don't want to get sick, stay out of the hospital...

Just hoping I don't catch this!