wood storage

Chuck Thoits

Ok so I had to make some room in the shop for this pile of wood I had sitting around.
The first 2 are the pile. See Vaughn a real truck doesn't drag the bumper on the ground when you load it up.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
The third one is where a furnace used to be.
The fourth the furnace is now a fan.
The last one is the pile of wood. It used to take up 32 square feet of floor space. After the other storage thread I decided to give this a try. It now takes up 6 square feet of floor space.
The down side it that floor space it's using is where the planer, shaper, chop saw and the delta lathe went.
The planer got relocated to the other room The tool box and the shaper made it back just in different places. The chop delta lathe is still homeless. The chop saw is going to be relocated to behind the PM lathe. Which means the table saw needs a new home so it will go in front of the lumber rack.

Attachments

• tn_today 003.JPG
    tn_today 003.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 143
  • tn_today 004.JPG
    tn_today 004.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 143
  • tn_today 005.JPG
    tn_today 005.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 129
  • tn_today 006.JPG
    tn_today 006.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 130
  • tn_today 007.JPG
    tn_today 007.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Great haul the chuck. As I recall Rell lumber in Califonia puts theres up that way too.

The only haul was across the drive way Don. I've had this pile going on 15 years now, I bet I've moved it 20 time over the years now it's time to use it.:thumb:

Time to use it:huh: SOOOOoooo........whatca building:dunno:

Don't know Tom:dunno: All the stuff leaning left is oak and a little better than half the stuff leaning right is ash, and the balance is maple.
I'm thinking another hall tree out of oak and maybe some cradles out of the maple. And maybe a trestle table. Then maybe :dunno:

Don't know Tom:dunno: All the stuff leaning left is oak and a little better than half the stuff leaning right is ash, and the balance is maple.
I'm thinking another hall tree out of oak and maybe some cradles out of the maple. And maybe a trestle table. Then maybe :dunno:

Well it sounds like we will have some more good projects for follow then:D:thumb::lurk:

...See Vaughn a real truck doesn't drag the bumper on the ground when you load it up.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:...

Eh, you've got the blade up front counterbalancing the whole thing so it just looks level. It's really bottomed out on its springs. :rolleyes: My Tommy Gate probably weighs about the same, but it's hanging off the same end as the rest of the load. Plus, your truck doesn't do wheelies as cool as mine. :p And mine is built Ford Tough. Says so right in the Owner's Manual. :rofl:

Blade on front ladder rack 3 tool boxes full of tools a pile of lumber and the bed full of snow. And see there is still room in them wheel wells Vaughn.:thumb:

Chuck Thoits;See Vaughn a real truck doesn't drag the bumper on the ground when you load it up.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: [/QUOTE said:
Yeah-but, Chuck, You better explain to Vaughn that that snow plow on the front, if it's an 8ft. Fisher, weighs near 1/2 ton, so you kind of got the truck balanced, so to speak. :thumb:
Aloha, Tony (who used to have one on his F-250 4x4 back in New York)

You better explain to Vaughn that that snow plow on the front, if it's an 8ft. Fisher, weighs near 1/2 ton, Aloha, Tony (who used to have one on his F-250 4x4 back in New York)

:eek: I wondered where all that seemingly first hand knowledge was coming from. :huh::thumb::thumb:

Seriously though, they both are talking of owning "real" trucks and neither own a DODGE!!!!:doh::doh::huh::huh::dunno::dunno::eek::D:D

...Seriously though, they both are talking of owning "real" trucks and neither own a DODGE!!!!:doh::doh::huh::huh::dunno::dunno::eek::D:D

Did you just use "real trucks" and "Dodge" in the same sentence? Aw, man...that ain't right. :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But Chuck's right. The Ranger ain't quite a real pickup, but it sure beats trying to get turning wood into the back of my little Lexus RX300. And I thank my dad (and mom, RIP) every time I use the lift gate. (For those who don't know the story, the truck was my dad's and he put the lift gate on it for my mom's electric scooter chair. When she passed away, he decided I could use the truck more than he could.) :thumb: